These are not called the best for nothing! They are light, easy & quick to make, taste amazing and they also make a great entertainers snack as well as being the perfect bite for when your family walks in the door famished!
It’s all about the Veggies!
Obviously you can add whatever food you like but getting those vegetables in is a good place to start. Fresh and Colorful and Raw, what could be better!
Rice Paper Rolls That Make You Do The Food Dance!
It’s official that I have fallen in love with these heavenly rice paper rolls!or famished
This filling makes you close your eyes or as my daughter does what she calls “the food dance” because these rolls are worth the dance!
If you are someone that does not eat or like eggplant or peppers, this recipe will not make you eat them but love them! Go on and give it a try 🙂
Prep is Everything!
I always say get everything ready before you start and it couldn’t be more true than when making these rice paper rolls. You really need to have all the veggies rinsed, cut and ready to roll. Same applies to any strips or pieces of meat you are planning to use. It must be all there in front of you.
Rice Paper Rolls Layout
- Place the rice paper roll in water for a couple of seconds, not too long because it gets softer as you work with it.
- Open a damp dish towel and as you take the rice paper out the water place it onto the damp dish towel all neatly spread out.
Now To Roll
- Place your ingredients into the rice paper and roll.
- You can put them in the order that you choose or change it as you go.
- For this recipe I used these veggie ingredients in combination with this eggplant chili recipe and with a dipping sauce (basic recipe below) they are phenomenal!
- Please note that you can make veggie rolls without the eggplant. I just had some left over in the fridge and added it into the veggies.
Tip: If you are making these ahead of time, loosely cover them with damp kitchen paper roll to prevent sticking and place them in the fridge till you need them.
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon chili sauce
- If this is your first time rolling rice paper rolls, it gets better just keep going 🙂
You can slice/shred your lettuce or use it whole OR change the style as you go.
The BEST & The Most DELICIOUS Rice Paper Rolls
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cucumber
- handful parsley
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup rice noodles
- 1 cup pre-fried mushrooms & onions
- If you are using mushrooms or meat as a filling and need to cook it first, you might want to start with that so it has time to cool. Cook the meat/mushrooms the way you want.
- Thinly slice all the vegetables and set aside.
- If you want to add any sauces etc. they must all be ready in front of you (you may want to use hoisin sauce, Sriracha or others.
- Make sure you have a work space/board where you can place your damp kitchen towel to work on.
- Boil some water and place the rice noodles in a round fairly large bowl, add the water.
- So essentially now you should have little bowls with all the veggies in, a bowl for dipping the rice paper rolls, a bowl with the rice noodles and your damp cloth work surface.
- Once your prep of the veggies, sauces, meat is ready as well as the damp towel to work on you can start.
- Taking one rice paper at a time, dip into the water bowl (a few seconds) spread it out on the damp towel, add your fillings (not too much or it can't close neatly).
- Roll half way, once more roll, tuck in the sides and your fist ones done!
- Now keep going 🙂
Don’t Miss out on these Awesome Tofu Recipes!