Another wonderful recipe to make with black beans and when I cook beans I have to make at least 2 dishes before I freeze little bags of them (they freeze very well for up to 6 months) so I made another bowl of my bean and corn salad before freezing.
I love this salad because it stays in the fridge for a few days so I can keep eating it as a snack or a meal for at least a couple of days. You don’t have to mix the onions I just used half and half because that’s what I had on hand.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
Black beans, corn and a variety of veggies turn this recipe into a salad, full meal or side and lasts a couple of days in the fridge.
- Pre-cooked fresh black beans (as used here)
- Steamed frozen corn (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- couple cherry tomato's halved
- Step 1 Steam the corn till tender and set aside to cool.
- Step 2 Rinse all the veggies in preparation
- Step 3 Chop or slice the veggies
- Step 4 Add into a bowl and then add your corn and beans
- Step 5 Combine everything together and season to your taste.
Feel free to add any other vegetables, the last time I made this salad I added about 2 carrots which added even more color!