You are going to love this homemade granola recipe! Honestly speaking granola is something you should be careful with because you seriously can eat the whole thing! Whether it’s store bought or homemade granola really doesn’t matter. Also because there are some really good store bought ones out there and the major difference with making it yourself? You get to decide what’s going inside and you keep the sugar down drastically.
Ways To Use Your Homemade Granola?
Oatmeal and Berries topped off with home-made granola, yogurt, honey and cinnamon, what? Yes, it was like having a dessert for breakfast!
Roasted Fruit and Nut Crunch made with roasted fig and banana and filled with nuts, grains and oats.
Free Recipe E-Books!
Leave the granola to cool before storing in an airtight container and it should last for about 2 weeks (not in my house though).
Keep the fruit, coconut shavings and chocolate for when the granola comes out the oven.
Once it has semi cooled you can add them in OR you can also add the chocolate the minute the granola comes out the oven if you want it to melt into the granola.
Enjoy making it!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup mixed raw nuts
- 3 tbsps honey
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cranberries
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower)
- dark chocolate pieces (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and lay a sheet of parchment paper in a baking tray. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the fruit and chocolate) in a bowl starting with the oats, seeds and nuts and then add the vanilla, oil and honey. before transferring onto the prepared tray. Lightly press it into the tray with the back of a wooden spoon or use your hands.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or until a nice golden brown and turn them halfway through.
- Allow to cool before adding the cranberries and chocolate (unless your want some of the chocolate to melt into the granola then drop pieces of it the minute it comes out)
- Once cooled (at least 30 minutes) store in a sealed container on the counter top or in the fridge. Lasts for about 2 weeks.