Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Soup
A creamy broccoli cauliflower soup that’s delicious, healthy and ready in minutes! Cook the garlic, add broccoli and cauliflower with stock or water if you don’t have stock on hand, it will still come out tasty and creamy. Let it cook for a few minutes, it doesn’t have to be completely soft the blender will do that for you. Transfer everything to the blender.
The Blender Needs Some Liquid
Drain the liquid from cooking the veggies and pour into a jug, it’s best to add both the water/stock liquid and the milk slowly into the blender. Season with some nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Healthy Low Calorie Creamy Broccoli & Cauliflower Soup
If you are concerned about calories this soup this will be your favorite snack or meal with low calories yet still creamy, healthy and tasty.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 clove of garlic
- Tablespoon of oil
- 1 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock (or water)
- Swiss Cheese (optional)
- Chili Flakes
- Step 1 Rinse your vegetables and break it up into pieces
- Step 2 Chop the garlic clove
- Step 3 Remove the larger stems from the broccoli and cauliflower if any
- Step 4 Heat the oil and cook the garlic
- Step 5 Add in the broccoli & cauliflower pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Step 6 Now add in the stock/water, leaving it cook for about 5 more minutes
- Step 7 Add the milk and blend thoroughly
- Step 8 Garnish with cheese, herbs & chili flakes (optional)
Any type of milk will do and if you prefer to not want to use the liquid from cooking you can use just the milk.
Optional – garnish with a little grilled cauliflower.