This couscous & lentil recipe is a crazy easy dish to make and you can have it on the table in 30 minutes! Serve as a salad or sides and turn the leftovers into these gorgeous baked snaps!
How To Cook Lentils and Couscous For This Recipe
Cook one and half cups lentils before hand, rinse your lentils, add a pinch of salt, bay leave and cook till tender, they should cook for about 15 minutes until tender.
Top off the couscous with boiling water, cover with cling film and let is set and then fluff with a fork.
Couscous & Lentil Recipe
Easy and versatile couscous and lentil side dish!
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1.5 cups cooked lentils
- 1 chopped onion
- cherry tomato's (halved)
- 4 sliced zucchini
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup stock (or water)
- Step 1 Heat the oil in a pan and when it’s hot add your onions
- Step 2 Cook for a few minutes and add the garlic and chili powder
- Step 3 Add the zucchini slices and a dash of stock/water (just for the veg to cook so add as you need)
- Step 4 Add halved tomatoes and and season to taste
- Step 5 Scoop into a bowl, leave to settle
- Step 6 Gently combine with couscous, lentils and fresh parsley