No Flour No Fuss Simply Delicious
These chocolate covered crunchies are so quick and easy to make. The best part is that you always have something on hand to snack on when you feel like a sweet. Crunchies are one of the first recipes that I learnt to bake from an early age especially on those long school holidays when you return home famished from boarding school! Any and all recipes go and we would spend our days making endless recipes.
If you are looking for a more healthier yet equally amazing bar then take a look at these honey and date bars.
And for something icy that takes 15 minutes to make try these super good chocolate pudding ice cream squares!
Free Recipe E-Books!
Chocolate Covered Crunchies
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups walnuts (before chopping)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps coconut oil (or butter)
- 2 tbps honey
- sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat
- Dark Chocolate (sugar free)
- In a saucepan add & melt the butter/oil, brown sugar, vanilla and honey.
- Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the saucepan ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together.
- Pour the mixture into a greased or baking paper lined oven tray.
- Pat down using your hands or use a potato masher to press into the prepared tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, take it out and gently press down again. Continue baking for another 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool down completely before cutting into squares.
Drizzle with melted chocolate.