A tasty Pasta & Salmon recipe and it all it takes is 5 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to have it on the table. This is an old Italian recipe that always tastes amazing! Like all recipes, as long as the ingredients are a good quality and fresh, you cant go wrong.
Cooking times for pasta are dependent on the instructions on the packet but generally if you add it to rapidly boiling water which for this recipe you should, then it takes about 8 to 10 minutes and you will see the color change gradually to white as it softens if you are using white pasta. Take it out seconds before it softens too much. You want it looking fresh and loose. Drain and rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking any more.
5 - Ingredient Smoked Salmon and Pasta Recipe
4 Ingredients and ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 150 grams smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 tub of fresh cream
- 2 cups good quality pasta
- Step 1 Bring water to the boil in a pot. The pot should be fairly large to allow the pasta to cook without packing together and the water should be at least 1/2 to 3/4 in the pot.
- Step 2 Add salt into the rapidly boiling water and toss your pasta in to boil for 8-10 minutes
- Step 3 In the meantime heat the butter in a pan
- Step 4 Slice/break your salmon into the melted butter and let it cook 1-2 minutes
- Step 5 Pour in the fresh cream and keep stirring gently until it heats and slightly thickens. Remove from the heat
- Step 6 Drain the pasta and run under cold water
- Step 7 Pour the cream and salmon into the pasta pot and gently fold. Serve immediately with fresh black pepper.