This Zio Michele Pasta is one of our long standing creations so hopefully I have given it sufficient credit; easy ✅creamy ✅ colorful ✅ tasty✅ Italian ✅
This is such a wonderful dish that I can’t help but smile while writing this post. It just might be the relevance we attach to each special recipe. The thing about recipes is that its really all an art isn’t it? Its about trial and error, lots of patience and a whole lot of love, always love in everything you do, how can you not succeed in every way when you do something with passion & love. You must succeed but when you add patience to the equation, you grow. Tremendously.
Every Family Has a Favorite Recipe`
This past weekend was a very special family time for us and so it should be in times of significant milestones like when one of your children brings home a special someone for the 1st time. Lots of excitement often brings lots of smiles, combine that with food and you can be sure of the best times to be had. We were very happy to cook this long standing family recipe as a ‘welcome to the family’ meal.
I cannot put my name on this one because it’s all my husband. For him after the antipasto it had to be a meal that he had created and named after himself (I know 🙂 This was always a popular dish on the menu in his restaurant a long time ago so its no wonder he serves it up more often than not. Always delicious!
Zio Michele Pasta Eaten Fresh
This pasta dish must be eaten fresh (so the experts say but I love it even more the next day) however I must also agree that to get the freshness of the taste it is best eaten fresh the instant its served.
While the antipasto was being served and conversation going, the water was on to boil (while the guests were there because it’s that quick). As soon as the water boiled, salt and pasta in, it took about 8 minutes to serve.
Lots of water to boil your pasta. Lots of recipes say a drop of oil to prevent it from sticking but if your pasta is high quality you don’t need oil in the water.
It’s always wonderful when you have time to make a fresh spinach pasta but as long as you are using a good quality store bought version of the pasta, it’s just as good (I know because I do it all the time especially when I am alone in the kitchen).
Homemade or a good quality store bought pasta, the taste will still blow you away with the unique pink color of sauce, green color pasta and white Parmesan cheese. Buon Appetito Zio Michele Pasta!
Zio Michele Pasta with Fresh Cream & Bacon - A Pasta Celebration
The most versatile meal! Serve to guests or serve as week day meal to family, either way, the Zio Michele Pasta will be a family favorite or have guests asking you for the recipe!
- 400 grams Tagliatelle Pasta
- 3/4 Can Chopped Tomato
- 1 Tub of Fresh Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- Step 1 Bring 4 litres of water to the boil.
- Step 2 When boiling add salt to taste along with the pasta and let it cook according to packet instructions for time
- Step 3 In the meantime, chop the bacon into squares (unless you are using pre-cut) and using another hot plate fry the bacon in the heated oil until crispy for about 5 minutes or depending on the heat of stove
- Step 4 Pour in the cream to the bacon pan and bring to a boil
- Step 5 Add the teaspoon of tomato paste and the 3/4 can of tomato and cook for a further 5 minutes until a little bit thick.
- Step 6 In the meantime, pasta should be ready, drain and pour into the bacon & fresh cream pot. Give it a nice toss and serve with sprinkled fresh black pepper and for added flavor add freshly grated Parmesan.