Easy To Prepare Vegetable Wraps
These vegetable wraps are very simple to make and will take you about 15-20 minutes to serve. Versatile, easy to pack for a trip, you can slice into them into smaller triangles for packing for lunches or a picnic. They are filled with fresh healthy vegetables and can also be served as lunch or a regular dinner week day meal.
As we are supposed to still be in the winter season I bought this cauliflower with the exact intent of making these wraps whilst trying to switch things a bit from soup and pasta. I thought something still warm and cosy but not too much. Ha! someone was watching over me and smiling because the sun came out of nowhere and I was in the kitchen adding curry powder to my pot wondering what now?
Summer or Winter Wraps
I love these because they surprisingly tasted so much better than they look! And were not as hot to eat with a sunset in the background instead of some pouring rain 🙂 Also, a mix of greens and a layer of dressing goes a long way from taking plain cauliflower winter wraps to summer loving veggie wraps!
Top this veggie wrap up with your favorite cheese, sauce, mayo, lettuce and for a richer creamier taste you can add cream at the end of the cooking. Either way, serve with avocado and/or sour cream.
CABBAGE CAULIFLOWER VEGETABLE WRAPS
- Half head of cabbage finely sliced
- 1 head of cauliflower (remove stems and leave florets)
- 2 medium sliced carrots
- 1 sliced celery
- 1 finely sliced onion
- 1 chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- wraps (homemade or shop bought)
- 1/2 cup of water
- Step 1 Heat the oil and add the garlic
- Step 2 Let it cook for 2 minutes and add the onion. Cook for a further 2 minutes (not cooked through)
- Step 3 Add the carrots & celery and cook a further 5 minutes
- Step 4 Add curry powder and turmeric, stir the spices in
- Step 5 Now add the sliced cabbage and cauliflower florets.
- Step 6 Let everything cook on low heat for about 15 minutes and add a little water as needed. Once cooked, let it cool, fill the wrap and serve with avocado pear