This bell pepper eggplants mix will easily stay fresh and tasty in the fridge for 2 weeks and the longer you leave it to stand the better it tastes.
This is quick addition to our recipes and is certainly a go to for toppings, sides and an addition to pasta dishes. With all the eggplant recipes served out of this kitchen I thought to share my easy eggplant recipe which goes into so many of our meals.
Easy Bell Pepper Eggplant Mix
Get yourself some lovely eggplants (or aubergines as you may know it).
In this recipe I used two medium sized eggplants and two and half peppers. The color of the bell peppers are not relevant in this recipe it’s just what I had in my kitchen. I have used green bell peppers in another recipe which was equally tasty, not as sweet as the red because the green do have more of a bitter taste.
As you can see in this eggplant recipe that I added sesame seeds to the final mixing stage so that’s optional.
The most important thing to remember is that you need to cover these veggies in oil (top it off with oil) once in the bottle and before closing. The oil helps in the preservation and this can last for much longer than 2 weeks.
How To Make An Easy Eggplant Mix
How To Make An Easy Eggplant & Bell Pepper Mix
- Peppers (any color)
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 fresh finely chopped garlic
- Extra oil for preserving (see notes)
- Step 1 Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Step 2 Rinse the eggplant and peppers and slice lengthwise
- Step 3 Using an oven dish layer it with parchment paper
- Step 4 Sprinkle the veg with salt, pepper and drizzle with olive oil
- Step 5 Bake for 20 min
- Step 6 Remove from the oven, turn them over and re drizzle with olive oil then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until done
- Step 7 Meanwhile, mix your Dressing Ingredients in a separate dish.
- Step 8 Let the peppers cool down. Once cooled, chop everything up, toss into the dressing.
- Step 9 Taste and season to your liking. Bottle or keep in a container until completely cold then refrigerate. Stays for 2-3 weeks.