Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe marinated in Greek Yogurt and it’s DELICIOUS! I can think of a few descriptive words for this amazing dish! Scrumptious, appetizing, mouthwatering, tasteful and so much better than what WAS my favorite Asian take-out!
I am sorry I didn’t make more because everyone loved it and I mean ‘everyone.’ What a mouthful of beef, broccoli and pasta, wow!
The taste is incredible! I know I’m going on a bit much but in all honesty if I cannot convince you then do yourself a favor and try it and then do me a favor and let me know how much you loved it #myanosmickitchen or leave a comment below!
Pin it and Save For Later! PIN ME!
WHY YOU SHOULD MARINADE THE MEAT FOR AN HOUR
Well you don’t have to since since it might not marinade through the meat no matter the number of hours except that the flavor is enhanced and the meat is a lot more tender and it’s juicier. The ingredients all add flavor so just make sure that you have your sweet, salty and oil (well at least I do).
How These Ingredients Work
The oil helps to keep meat from drying out (canola or vegetable oil works great) and a salty component, here I used light soy instead (as long its salty not necessarily ‘salt’)
Spices like the ones in this recipe, thyme and oregano help in stabilizing the sugar in the meat. A sweet addition is because I think a little sweet with this combination always adds that extra va-va-voom so on top of the brown sugar I add a spoonful of sweet chili sauce.
Marinades can be as simple as lemon, oil, salt and herbs but you once you have the basics you can add your favorites.
Yogurt, Yes or No and Why?
Yes because it tastes better that’s why! Greek Yogurt makes it much more tender.
I added the cumin, fresh or dried chili, garlic, all together into my mortar and pestle before filling the zip lock bag with the rest of the marinade ingredients to set in the fridge. You can also add all the marinade ingredients directly into the bag, massage and refrigerate to marinade. Seriously guys, an hour is not long if you want all the flavors to come out of this beef broccoli stir-fry recipe!
SIZZLE THE MUSHROOMS!
Love these colorful spaghetti!
Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
Another tasty pasta dish is this ever popular Zio Michele Pasta Recipe With Fresh Cream & Bacon
DELICIOUS Beef Broccoli Recipe
You never have to marinade meat for an hour but you certainly can for flavor!
- BEEF MARINADE
- 700 grams beef cubes
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 fresh chili (1 teaspoon dried chili)
- 2 tablespoon maizena or all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup fat free white yogurt
- BEEF & BROCCOLI
- 1 head of broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced fine
- tiny piece of ginger crushed
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoon beef stock
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 punnet of mushrooms
- black pepper
- Sriracha sauce
- Step 1 BEEF MARINADE
- Step 2 Mix all the beef marinade ingredients, taste and adjust to your taste. Using a large zip lock bag, add your meat in, pour in the marinade, seal the bag, gently massage the meat marinade and refrigerate for an hour, no less
- Step 3 ’SAUCE”
- Step 4 In a separate bowl mix the brown sugar, garlic, ginger, soy, vinegar, beef stock and flour together. Whisk till you have managed to combine the flour so there’s no lumps left from the flour. Set aside
- Step 5 BEEF & BROCCOLI
- Step 6 Heat the oil over high heat in a wok or heavy skillet
- Step 7 Once very hot, add the broccoli and fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes
- Step 8 In the same wok/pan, while hot, add the mushrooms & some of the oil
- Step 9 Sizzle the mushrooms till done. Set aside
- Step 10 Same pan same heat, add the remaining oil and carefully add the meat which has been marinating together with some of the sauce
- Step 11 Cook the meat for about 2 minutes on each side then lower the heat
- Step 12 Add the remaining sauce and cook for about 10 minutes until the beef is cooked through
- Step 13 If necessary add the water
- Step 14 Add the mushrooms and broccoli
- Step 15 Give everything one final coat
- Step 16 Sprinkle with some fresh pepper & add the sriracha sauce
- Step 17 Turn the heat off and let it cook finish in the pan in its own heat before serving with pasta or your preferred sides
Beef Broccoli Stir-Fry Recipe
Not all links on this blog contain affiliate links, some are credit to the owners of the recipes, sites and general information related to the post via other sites. For the affiliate links My Anosmic Kitchen may receive a small commission for items you purchase from an affiliate link. In which case, thank you in advance for supporting to the upkeep of my website while I share free recipes with you!