Best french toast that literally tastes like dessert! Not planned we had to leave it in the fridge for the entire day and I was so worried that it would be all soggy and soft but oh my oh my oh my, it was delicious and tasted exactly like a dessert after a small bite at dinner! Good times.
Because there are endless options with french toast when it comes to the toppings! Because french toast makes the best meal, snack and shall I say breakfast or more like dessert. Yes, especially on the weekend!
THE BEST FRENCH TOAST IN 1 SLICE OR 10 IT’S STILL THE BEST!
It’s one thing to love bread and make divine open sandwiches with the perfect avocado and let’s not forget the crunchy toast which is the perfect side for soups but now we have the the best french toast, oh yes! Lets do this!
Best French Toast
Best french toast or eggy french toast what else can you ask for when you have crispy, sweet and savory in just one bite? Good times.
- 8 slices of bread
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- BERRY SYRUP (Not really optional because the taste is incredible)
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon Greek Yogurt
- Icing Sugar
- Grated chocolate shavings
- Step 1 Heat a non stick pan and add half the butter & oil
- Step 2 Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon. Give it a thorough whisk
- Step 3 Add the vanilla. Whisk again
- Step 4 Dunk a slice of bread in egg mix and into the pan
- Step 5 Continue with all the bread and add the oil/butter as and when needed
- Step 6 Keep dunking until bread is all done
- Step 7 BERRY SYRUP METHOD
- Step 8 Heat the berries in a saucepan
- Step 9 Once the berries heat add the sugar and lemon juice
- Step 10 Drizzle the over the french toast and serve with optional extras
French Toast For Breakfast The Next Day?
Because when you can wake up and eat french toast for breakfast and it still tastes like dessert, it’s a winner!
NOTES FOR THIS RECIPE
- I find that using a portion of butter as well as a portion of oil, like canola oil works much better. Butter on its own tends to burn out quickly whereas when used with oil it adds flavor and oil on its own lacks that flavor.
- When whisking the eggs make sure to whisk as much of the cinnamon in or it gets left out of the mixture.
- If you find the bread a little oily for your liking then use kitchen paper towels in between the already fried slices to drain the oil as you are frying the rest of the slice.