Easy beef recipe in a wrap for a lazy day and a delicious meal! Anyone can do it and make it taste better than take-out! So let’s do this, trust me when I say the magic is in the word “easy”
I was in the kitchen for 20 minutes and it was done and dusted freeing up the rest of the afternoon which is great if you have 100 other things to do, or if you deserve ‘me-time’ which we all do 🙂 and more often than not we never even realize it so we just keep going. Take a breather, make this easy beef recipe and while its cooking prepare your wraps and slice your other fillings, clean the little mess that you would’ve created, and you are all done! Enjoy xx
Let’s start with thinly slicing the beef and set it aside while you get your spices together.
For the the most fabulous flavors start by mixing all your herbs, spices and oil into kind of a paste before adding them into the actual recipe or saucepan.
Here I used a Mortar and Pestle
Once you have your meat thinly cut and your spices all perfectly blended in a good old fashioned Mortar and Pestle it’s time to drop the sauce ingredients into a separate dish.
Easy Beef Recipe Wrapped Up In a Wrap!
- 350 grams extra lean beef
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 small carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 whole punnet of sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 small piece of ginger
- teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Step 1 Thinly slice the beef for quick cooking
- Step 2 Combine/grind the garlic, ginger, oregano, thyme, chili flakes and oil. Set aside.
- Step 3 Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside
- Step 4 Heat a non stick saucepan
- Step 5 Melt the butter and oil in the pan
- Step 6 Add sliced onion and cook till translucent
- Step 7 Toss in the chopped carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Step 8 Scoop in all the ground spices and allow them to turn golden brown (it happens very quickly)
- Step 9 Add half of the sauce mix, cover the saucepan and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes
- Step 10 Add the sliced beef, mix together followed by the rest of the sauce
- Step 11 Cook till done, serve and Enjoy xx
- Step 12
NOTES FOR THIS RECIPE
It takes 25 minutes from start to finish including your clean up time!
The herb/spice mix browns very rapidly so make sure to have your sauce ready to add in, actually have everything ready before you start, it goes nice and quick.
Feel free to substitute the spices as well as using fresh instead of dried
Fillings for the wraps used here were avo, green salad, red cabbage, cherry tomato, mustard, chili sauce & hoisin sauce but feel free to experiment. Enjoy! xx