The best of both worlds with food and wine in this fantastic chicken curry and red wine recipe. If I told you that it was the best that wouldn’t be giving this recipe sufficient credit because it was AMAZING!
Not sure what the weather is like where-ever you are but on this side of the world, we are supposed to be exiting winter, yet it’s all a trick I tell you 🙂 because today is the most winter day its been all season!
Pouring with rain, fog everywhere and the sound of hooting in the streets as the rain falls madly on the road. Oh but I love it! I love the colder days we are blessed with all year through, and winter can be harsh but my oh my those fires and cozy corner lamps add fire to my soul.
Chicken Curry and Red Wine Recipe
And that brings me and you to this AMAZING Chicken Curry in Red Wine so lets start with the preparation or shall we say the marinade? Please take a look at the NOTES for extra TIPS!
Chicken Curry and Red Wine Recipe NOTES:
You don’t have to use an expensive wine but please try to use a fairly decent red wine.
I left my marinade in the fridge for 5 hours, there’s no need for you to do that especially if you are pressed for time a 30 minute marinade works too! Why not try it without the marinade and put it straight into pan and let us know how it good it tastes either in the comments below or TAG #anosmickitchen
About Marinading Chicken:
Once the marinade has worked through to a certain point of the meat, it stops and doesn’t keep marinading whether you leave it 5 hours or 24 hours. My plan was to leave my chicken marinating in the fridge for about an hour or 2, okay; so it turned into 5 hours and I’m not sure if the flavor worked its way through as much as it could but it was certainly worth the time!
Cut Smaller Pieces:
The smaller the cubes the easier the meat absorbs the marinade.
In this recipe I made the marinade, tossed the cubed chicken in and left in the fridge.
A few hours later just before I was ready to take it out, I chopped an onion, chili, and garlic. Brought a non stick pan to the heat with some oil (any oil) cooked the onion, chili and garlic as well as the curry paste and some water to keep it going. Drop the heat slightly, add in the chicken marinade and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
Besides the marinating time, the prep is literally 10 min and the cooking is about 15 minutes. Done! So you can even prep at night, marinade over night, cook the next day for 15 minutes or till done.
Chicken Curry in Red Wine
The Best of Both Worlds! Food and Wine in this Fantastic Chicken Curry and Red Wine Recipe.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 250 ml Red Wine
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Sauce Ingredients
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Red Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Harissa Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1/ Teaspoon Crushed Chili
- 125 grams Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Coarse Himalayan Salt
- After The Marinade Ingredients’
- 1 chopped onion, 1 fresh chili, 1 tablespoon curry paste, 1/2 cup water
- Step 1 Rinse and cut the chicken into cubes. Set aside while draining all excess water. A colander will do fine.
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, add all the “Sauce” ingredients from the fresh chopped garlic down to the coarse salt
- Step 3 Add half of the water into the ingredients and mix to form a paste. Add more water if required
- Step 4 Pour the ‘sauce’ into a blender and blend till smooth
- Step 5 Add the chicken into a mixing bowl and pour over the blended sauce as well as half of the red wine and mix together
- Step 6 Cover with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge for anything from 30 minutes to 5 hours
- Step 7 A few minutes before you remove the chicken marinade from the Fridge Heat Your ‘After The Marinade Ingredients’
- Step 8 1 onion
- Step 9 2 garlic cloves
- Step 10 1 fresh chili
- Step 11 1 tablespoon curry paste
- Step 12 1/2 cup water
- Step 13 Chop the onion, garlic and fresh chili, Heat a non stick pan and add the coconut oil, fry the onion, garlic & chili till cooked, add 1 tablespoon curry paste and 1/ cup of water
- Step 14 Add your marinade into the pan and let everything simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Step 15 In the last 5 minutes of cooking add the rest of the red wine
- Step 16 Serve with the red wine (optional) and Enjoy!