While I’m am not big on icy tastes in the winter these healthy chocolate pudding ice cream squares are quite the exception because for me there’s always that one tiny exception to all rules.
They seriously don’t need a long introduction because they are delicious, easy to make, standard healthy ingredients with none of the ingredients a challenge to find or over the top in cost, takes a few minutes of your time and you can leave them to set.
Don’t taste them when you cut into squares to go into the fridge, don’t taste them and don’t say I didn’t warn you because for someone who doesn’t like cold tasting things all year round (not only in the winter) they sure are deliciously addictive and you do want them to set. Well I think you do….I hope you do because well…we are making chocolate pudding ice cream squares!
How incomplete would these be without the extras on top? Not at all really.
They are so good that even though it’s chocolate (all healthy ingredients) they naturally taste delicious before they have even set but the coconut flakes over the top are not ‘over the top’ at all actually (so don’t leave them out) they are the icing on the cake ‘so to speak’ so cover them in coconut flakes and berries otherwise its like not baking a cake after you mixed the ingredients.
It’s not a snack its a dessert, a chocolate piece of heaven, a pudding, a healthy luxury but not really a snack.
Okay so very quickly let me give you a few tips in the notes below.
- When cutting these little pieces of chocolate heaven into squares, try and work as quickly as you can or you will see them start to slowly melt (or perhaps its just me being slow, no surprise there at all)
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water is optional depending on what consistency you are wanting. I suggest add a little at a time until you get the consistency that you want.
- I find it’s always better (depending on the size of your blender cup) to add the banana or avocado (a solid) first with a little liquid to get it into a bit of a paste otherwise it might be difficult to blend it all at once.
A little help if you are not familiar with ml measurements as used in this recipe:
200ml – 3/4 Cup
5ml – 1 Teaspoon
30ml – 2 Tablespoons
20ml – 1 Tablespoons + 1 Teaspoon
80ml – 1/3 Cup
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE PUDDING ICE CREAM SQUARES
15 Minute Healthy & Delicious Chocolate Pudding Ice Cream Squares
- 1.5 banana's
- 1.5 avocado
- 200ml coconut water
- 200ml almond milk
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 30ml skinny hot chocolate
- 20ml cocoa
- 2 ice cubes
- 80ml water
- Step 1 Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend (See notes for suggestion)
- Step 2 Scraping the sides make sure to get all the mix into a square dish
- Step 3 Freeze for 3 hours or overnight
- Step 4 Take them out for about 10 minutes to slightly defrost before cutting them into squares
- Step 5 Keep in the freezer for best results.
Some products used in this recipe: