With the perfect amount of spices this delicious butter chicken recipe is easy and quick to make and the creaminess will have you going back for more.
I have always appreciated growing up in a home where spices have been a very large part of our cooking and even though I am anosmic I have for some reason continually found myself gravitate towards spices. They fill my pantry and spices are the most essential ingredient in my kitchen.
Now back to the recipe! Sorry I digressed there just a bit too much.
Delicious Butter Chicken Recipe
Chicken breast is best for this recipe because there is no messiness with bones. This recipe is basic,easy and non complicated. Ready in 20 minutes and everyone will love you for it. All you need is chicken breast, onion and spices.
You never want to over cook chicken breasts, they are already tender so a few minutes on the heat is all they need and time to finish cooking off the heat makes all the difference.
If your dish has reached the desired consistency after adding the Passata and the coconut milk, remove it from the heat and leave it to stand/cook in its own heat for the last 5 to 8 minutes. It makes all the difference!
Firstly its perfect on it’s own 🙂 And just as good when served with rice, naan bread, roti and definitely wraps and whether they be home made or store bought this chicken butter curry is delicious enough to wrap this meal up!
Delicious Butter Chicken in Coconut Milk Recipe
This recipe is basic,easy and non complicated. Ready in 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2.5 tablespoons Marsala curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 cup passatta tomato
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- Step 1 Heat a non stick pan and the add the oil
- Step 2 Wait till the oil is hot and then add the onion
- Step 3 Fry the onion until translucent
- Step 4 Add the garlic cook for a minute before adding the cubed chicken
- Step 5 Cook the chicken while turning on either side till both sides are nice and brown
- Step 6 Add a little water to prevent any burning and let it cook 4 to 5 minutes
- Step 7 Add the rest of spices and the passatta,coconut milk and yogurt
- Step 8 Lower the heat cook for 7 – 8 minutes till cooked and the consistency is to your liking