The ingredients should always be anything you have in the fridge because that’s all it takes to make a simple or healthy spinach quiche. This recipe calls for tahini and cottage cheese but like I always say, the ingredient choice for me depends mostly on what doesn’t require a drive to the store!
Also, substituting the ingredients each time makes it taste like a whole new dish.
Using Everyday Ingredients That Work For You
SIMPLE & DELICIOUS
Quiche serves great at breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack and stores beautifully in the fridge!
Eggs eggs and eggs – a great source of protein
Spinach – works for every part of your body, brain and memory (and doesn’t the green make a pretty picture? 🙂
Bacon – everything tastes better with bacon.
Cheese – dairy is not bad for you and of all the dairy out there cheese is probably up on the top. Calcium? A matter of preference? Agreed.
Onions – why not? I use onions in my homemade cough syrup and it not only cures the cough and builds the immune system acting as its very own antibiotic. Trust me it’s going into almost every dish in this kitchen
Garlic – say no more.
Fresh Cream – because when you are making a recipe with bacon there’s always room for fresh cream.
Cottage Cheese – tried something different with this quiche. It worked! A thicker richer consistency without the over indulgence feeling/taste. Low fat cottage smooth cottage cheese.
Tahini – I had some left over home made tahini and I had to try it. The result: it took the taste up a notch or two!
It only takes about 15 minutes to bake on 180 degrees. Grill for 5 min to brown the top and it’s ready. The best part is that once you store any left overs in the fridge, it keeps its form and tastes good served cold or hot.
Healthy Spinach Quiche
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 pkt bacon pieces
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup fresh cream
- 6 eggs
- Heat the oil and add the onion and garlic till cooked about 1 minute or 2. Add the mushrooms and bacon and lower the heat, let it cook for another minute or 2 then toss in the spinach. Mix till its all combined remove from the heat but leave it in the pan to cook finish.
- Meanwhile crack the eggs in a separate bowl and add the fresh cream, cottage cheese, salt, pepper and tahini.
- Now using an oven dish, pour the bacon pan mixute into the oven dish. Top off with the cream mix. Bake for 10-12-15 minutes till cooked. Grill for 3-5 min until golden brown.