For those of us who love curry and will eat it in the summer this lentil curry and chickpea salad is the perfect solution. The combination of a slight tinge of curry with the chickpeas, tomato and topped off with this salad dressing is brilliant.
I decided to curry the lentils because I could eat curry anytime of the year so yes I would say that I love curry. Am much more of a what can I do with this when I am in the kitchen and will create my own recipes.
I’ve always been big on “let the ingredients work for you” and “you have to be comfortable with the ingredients to enjoy cooking.” Isn’t that what its all about?
Don’t forget to join my free newsletter to receive even more awesome homemade recipes!
The combination of these ingredients with my homemade concoction is brilliant.
Have you tried these healthy summer options?
Its summer in some parts of the world, and if not this is still a very delicious salad so enjoy everyone!
Lentil Curry & Chickpea Salad
A delicious combination of a slight curry taste with onions, lentils & chickpeas but in a salad to suit the summer.
- 1.5 cans of chickpeas drained
- 1 cup lentils
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable stock/water
- 2 tbsp curry paste
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 green onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Pinch of salt
- couple of cherry tomatoes
- Step 1 Cook the lentils in a saucepan for approx 8 to 10 min. Cook with 2 bay leaves, a pinch of salt. Cover the pot for quick cooking. Once the lentils reach a boil remove the lid and cook for a further 2-3 min and drain using a colander. Set aside.
- Step 2 Meanwhile heat the oil in a non stick pan, add the chopped garlic, green onion & curry paste for a minute. Pour in the lentils (discard the bay leaves) and stock/water (if required) and lower the heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Step 3 Get the chickpeas into a mixing bowl together with sliced red onion and chopped spring onion.
- Step 4 Once the curried lentils are properly cooled gently add into the chickpeas and onion bowl. Mix it all together.
- Step 5 Add cherry tomato’s and sliced avocado.