Eggplant (aka aubergine) favorite favorite vegetable! Side dish to centerpiece to bottled, amazing and healthy. From the time that I started this blog I think 70% of my recipes were eggplant. I know just a tad bit obsessed.
Suggestions and Tips
Baking time will vary according the size of the eggplants. For larger eggplants, more time, for smaller ones less time.
Eggplants used here were small to medium.
How to remove the interior of the Eggplant?
Removing the interior is easy. Use a small sharp knife and start by making little cuts into the flesh just to loosen the flesh up a little. Then carefully cut around to loosen the interior from the outside skin layer. Use a teaspoon to remove.
The options for stuffing ingredients are endless and optional from cheese to breadcrumb covers; this is not one of them. This is a plain & simple yet extremely delicious recipe!
8 Ingredients including salt & pepper
Eggplants, salt, pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno chili, oil, chorizo, Couldn’t be easier!
I always say that the baking paper (parchment paper) is optional because if you don’t have it doesn’t mean you cant continue with the recipe. Let me just say that I secretly make sure its always on my shopping list because I love the stuff what can I say. It’s heat resistant and who doesn’t love anything heat resistant in the kitchen? Come’on. Naturally the “easy clean up” with the baking paper is huge help and of-course, don’t you just love the way it looks? i know I do, clearly. I have used non stick and no parchment when baking and grilling and let me tell you, no fun cleaning up especially in non stick, another story!
Grilling made easy!
Chorizo used here what great flavor! I am not going to say that it’s optional or that you can substitute it because this is what makes this recipe. THIS! Obviously there are 1000’s of various chorizo’s so buy the one that you like. This is not the imported Spanish version its a locally manufactured in South Africa chorizo. Delicious, buy it!
Here you have it, chorizo stuffed eggplant. Pin this recipe for later, you know you are going to be looking for it!
Recipes You May Like
Delicious chorizo stuffed eggplant!
- 4 egglants
- 1 packet chorizo (1 -2 links in casing) finely chopped
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno chili finely sliced (seeds removed for less heat)
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- baking paper (optional for easy cleaning)
- Step 1 Rinse the eggplants, thinly chop off the head (where the leaf is & discard) & slice lengthwise
- Step 2 Using a small sharp knife carefully remove the interior and scoop out with a teaspoon.
- Step 3 Rub the eggplants with olive oil inside and out. Grind/sprinkle a little salt & pepper on the insides and lay them in the oven tray.
- Step 4 Heat the oven to 190 degrees and layer the oven tray with baking paper if using any.
- Step 5 Finely chop the inside of the removed eggplant.
- Step 6 In a bowl add all the chopped ingredients
- Step 7 eggplant, onion, chorizo, garlic, jalepeno and a pinch of salt.
- Step 8 Fill the empty oiled eggplant shells with the filling.
- Step 9 Bake on 190 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.