If you are looking for an easy and delicious dinner tonight then you really should try this 3 ingredient pasta recipe! Never disappoints, is superb and takes 10 minutes to get onto the table.
We’ve been making it for years now so it’s definitely a favorite meal. Whenever we’ve had a long day its either pasta peas or pasta fresh cream and both are equally easy, quick and taste amazing!
What else can you add to this recipe?
It’s important to keep the base or “foundation” of the recipe so to speak because what would be the point otherwise right? So the pasta, peas and bacon stays. We’ve made it with fresh cream, tomato and also used both fresh cream and tomato at once. Very versatile guys so just go with it.
How Easy Is This Recipe?
Start with the peas, get 2 stove plates on, one for the pasta pot and a non stick pan for the bacon. From there its a matter of getting one into the other and your meal is pronto!
3 Ingredient Pasta Dinner
A tasty Italian pasta recipe for a any day of the week!
- 200 grams penne rigate pasta
- Frozen peas 1 cup
- Pinch of salt
- 200 grams bacon bits
- Dash of dried chili flakes
- 2 tbsp oil
- Step 1 Par boil the peas till tender and set aside
- Step 2 Bring a pot of water to boil (enough to cover the pasta)
- Step 3 Heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry the bacon
- Step 4 Once the water is boiling add salt and the pasta to cook till done
- Step 5 Add the par boiled tender peas to the bacon and fry for a minute or so
- Step 6 In goes the pasta to the pan with the peas and bacon
- Step 7 Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of dried chili