I don’t have a sweet tooth but this 4 ingredient healthy chocolate balls recipe is extremely addictive! They have the perfect amount of exactly what you think you may need to fill that craving.
From about the beginning of January I’ve been trying out a bit of Paleo and Keto, more like an introduction to finding out what works for me. I’ve made so many Keto dishes in the past I just never knew they were called Keto! Since this new found journey I have found that I think about or crave chocolate!? Very weird especially like I say I am someone that never wishes for chocolate? I would love to hear from the Keto experts actually so please feel free to contact me here, leave a comment below or via my social media should you have any suggestions (if you are reading this) or are not an expert but have some experience with Keto and/or Paleo. I would love to hear what you think!
Anyhooo cravings, cravings and that’s where these addictive heavenly little chocolate babies come in.😊
CHOOSING YOUR INGREDIENTS AND WHY
When you are trying to follow a healthy lifestyle you are not going to undo all that hard work (because its hard work) by eating something filled with sugar. You are then undoing all the effort so it becomes pointless that’s why I was very particular about the ingredients.
Sprinkled with raw cocoa and a mix of shredded coconut (yes sugar free) rolled into balls and kept in the freezer for when you need one or two 🙂 AMAZING!
You need 4 Ingredients for this Easy Recipe:
- Smooth cottage cheese
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chips (cooking chocolate)
- Unsweetened Cocoa
- Cup Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Water (optional)
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY QUICK & EASY RECIPES? HERE WE GO….!
- Chocolate Ice Cream Squares (Healthy)
- Chocolate Crunchies
- Healthy Chocolate Balls Quick Easy & Delicious
- Homemade Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter Nut Clusters
- Dates and Oatmeal Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake VEGAN
Chocolate Balls in Egg Cups?
Trust me when I say that you really don’t have too lay each chocolate ball into an eggcup as you can see in the image below. I smile as I say that because I remember my mistake when making these, it was the hottest day we had in weeks! So of-course with my luck on that day the chocolate cravings had reached their high point.
Remember with ingredients like melted chocolate and cream cheese you need to work and get them into the freezer. You can’t roll them and take a phone call because they will melt. Just a heads up guys!
The egg cups were to hold them before sitting them in the freezer however the second batch there were no more egg cups so those went in the freezer in a tray placed on some foil/wax paper.
NOTES AND SUGGESTIONS FOR BEST RESULTS
How did I end up choosing to make these chocolate balls?
I didn’t choose to make them but they certainly chose me 🙂
I have always believed in making a meal in this case a snack with what you have and not making special trips for items. In this case I had cottage cheese, coconut and cocoa so that’s what I worked with.
Let me tell you that my hands were a right mess of chocolate because at first I took the melted chocolate out the freezer too soon! So, if you think your chocolate is ready to come out, you may be happy to leave it there a bit longer.
Keep Them In The Freezer
If you can get them rolled in to balls and straight into the freezer that’s the best bet because keeping them in the fridge even after they are done is not an option in this heat, just leave them in the freezer. Besides, each day we took one or two out and they just tasted better the longer we left them in the freezer.
4 Ingredient Healthy Chocolate Balls
- 200 grams smooth cottage cheese
- sugar free chocolate chips (cooking chocolate)
- unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 T Water (optional)
- Lay some wax paper or foil into a tray for freezing the balls later. Use a microwave bowl to melt the chocolate and once cool enough leave it in the fridge overnight or the freezer for a couple of hours. When the melted chocolate looks hard enough (hours later/overnight) add the cream cheese in and mix together. In 2 flat bowls/plates add the coconut and cocoa in each bowl. Using your hands roll the chocolate & cream cheese mix into fairly small balls adding bits of coconut into your hands to hold it together. Lay them onto the prepared tray as each one is done and also add some cocoa as you roll. Sprinkle some cocoa over them and keep in the freezer!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE IMAGES BELOW IF YOU LIKE?