Healthy cauliflower flat bread is perfect for entertaining, as a snack or with an egg for breakfast! With great tasting toppings no one will know that the bread is made with cauliflower 🙂
Make the toppings the focal point and there will be no challenge with how they will taste. These flat breads are great but they are also bland in taste so you want to serve them with a bit of zing!
What to serve this bread with?
Please see this post here if you are interested in making this chickpea curry. Served with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt it is extremely good!
Always start off with a paste for the spread otherwise it will be dry (for me at least). I started off with cottage cheese as a base on 2 and the other 2 I used a homemade hummus.
If you would like to stay in touch for more easy and delicious recipes you can join us by subscribing for FREE and you will also receive a FREE (PDF) eCookbook with 25 FABULOUS & COLORFUL RECIPES! The e-cookbook stays in all your emails that I send out so you never need to go looking for a recipe and you can read them in your own time! Be the first to get most of the recipes and stay in the loop! More than 60% of the recipes in the book are not on the blog!
CLICK ON THE IMAGE
To see my post on making the same flat bread but the green version then see this recipe below:
Green Cauliflower Flat Bread
These are the toppings recipes that I used:
7 Spice Chickpea Curry
To see the recipe for the creamy hummus see this recipe below:
Creamy Hummus Recipe
Healthy Cauliflower Flat Bread
- 1 cauliflower head
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flax-seeds
- 2 tbsps almond flour
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees.
Line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper and spray a little spray and cook.
- Blitz the cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes at a time stopping to stir after the first 2 minutes.
- Pour the cauliflower into a muslim cloth or cotton kitchen dish towel and squeeze all the water out. Please use kitchen gloves it will be very hot!
- Pour the drained cauliflower into a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until everything is combined.
- Roll into small to medium size balls and flatten onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes on one side. Turn them over and bake another 6 minutes or until done.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes inside the tray before moving them to cool further on a cooling rack.
These are wonderfully delicious, serve well because of the size and you can be as creative as wish for the toppings or try the ones I used which are very good. The links are above. Enjoy!