The cutest little baby eggplants which after being stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and bacon made these baby eggplants and potato recipe an absolute winner!
Love this type of finding at Food Lovers Market when strolling around on a Saturday morning. The stuffing for these eggplants is full of flavor!
There really is not much to this recipe so lets get to what do you have to do and what do you need?
Dried chili flakes
Get an oven tray lined with some baking paper (really easy clean up) and then par boil the potatoes in the microwave for about 4 minutes. Drain them cool and set aside.
Now you can rinse the eggplants, slice them lengthwise but not all the way through or the stuffing will fall out 🙁 Now before you stuff them get the bacon open and ready to use, get the sun-dried tomatoes open and ready to use and make sure your spices are in front of you oh and some Himalayan salt (or regular salt)
One more thing rub some olive oil around the eggplants then stuff with bit of bacon bits and bit of sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes.
While the eggplants are in the oven its time to get cracking on those potatoes!
Stay In Touch For More Easy & Delicious Homemade Recipes!
If you have not yet subscribed to my newsletter please join us plus get 2 free E-cookbooks!
SUGGESTIONS & TIPS
In this recipe Danish feta cheese was used but if you can’t get any then regular feta cheese works just as well. Crumble it all into a plate and I always like to add some chopped fresh herb into the cheese with a drizzle of olive oil.
When using this type of cheese as a stuffing it adds more flavor when you season the cheese with oil, fresh pepper or paprika depending on the recipe.
Take the par boiled potatoes and cut the same way as the baby eggplants, in half but not right through. With just enough of a slit you can stuff the herbed and seasoned cheese into the potato and top it off with some homemade pesto. Add a dash of freshly ground pepper over everything as well as a drizzle of olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar then bake!
This recipe is easily vegetarian just drop the bacon and it’s also
- easy to make
- using fresh veg and season veg
- simple ingredients
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
- Jamie Oliver’s Aubergine Parmigiana Recipe
- Roasted Balsamic Eggplant
- One Pot Chicken and Chickpea Noodles
- My Homemade Asian Inspired Soup – VEGAN
- One Pot Skillet Vegetarian Frittata Casserole
- 3 Ingredient Pasta Recipe
BABY EGGPLANTS AND POTATO RECIPES
- 12 baby eggplants
- 3/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 6 baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tbsp danish or regular feta
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- smoked paprika
- Heat the oven to 190 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Slice and stuff the baby eggplants with the bacon and sun-dried tomatoes
- Slice the par boiled potatoes and stuff with cheese & basil pesto
- Add spices, salt pepper and oil and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, take them out, and if not ready roast for another 5 minutes or until done.