This is such a basic recipe that it feels silly to write a post about it but honestly making dough always seems to intimidate but this easy wraps recipe is anything but intimidating.
Homemade Wraps – How To Make The Dough
Mix the dry ingredients and add the oil then the water slowly into a firm but soft dough. Cover the dough and allow it to rise before cutting it out into individual pieces that you can roll out into thin circles (well almost circles 🙂 before cooking each one in a hot non stick pan or skillet.
How to Cook The Wraps?
Heat a skillet or non stick pan and cook each rolled wrap in an un-greased pan for a few seconds on each side.
Air bubbles will form on the top, cook and turn and cook the other side.
Once done keep in a kitchen towel.
What To Use as a Filling?
Fillings can be minced meat sauce, stir fry, salads and so just about anything else you want to add. Salads also add some great color and taste to the wraps from lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and you can finish the wrap off with pesto, hummus, cheese, drizzle of olive oil, salt, freshly ground pepper and fresh lemon or lime.
Mushroom sauce or grilled mushrooms is also a great addition if you like mushrooms.
Easy Wraps Dough Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup warm tap water (not boiling)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.1/2 tbsps olive oil (or 2 tbsps melted butter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and mix.
- Add the oil and mix. Add the water slowly and mix until you get a sticky but firm dough. Add water if necessary and keep some flour for your hands so that you handle the dough without it sticking to your hands.
- Add the flax and pumpkin seeds.
- Cover the dough with a cloth and leave in a warm place (or the inside of an OFF oven to rise minimum 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- When the dough has risen and it doesn't have to be double in size, roll it out into about 6 bundles. Roll each one out and place into the hot pan. Cook for until bubbles appear and turn it over.
- Repeat until all dough bundles are done. Keep in a kitchen dish towel and serve immediately with your favorite filling.