If you have not tried this combination when cooking pasta then you should definitely make it! This pasta olives and sun-dried tomatoes is a Mediterranean mouthful of deliciousness. A great change to your dinner meal plan and is very quick to make.
If you’ve seen my previous pasta recipe I think that by now you know that we love olives 🙂 And not just in salads but also in these pasta dishes which you will love!
What you will need to make this recipe are these simple kitchen pantry ingredients but using a good quality pasta always makes the dish taste so much better or you can make your own fresh pasta.
Pasta Olives Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Pasta Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 500g grams pasta
- 2 pkts olives
- 1/2 cup sundried tomato
- 3 finely chopped fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pinch salt, chili spice & smoked paprika
- Cook the pasta according to pkt instructions. Drain the pasta and reserve at least 2 cups of the water for later.
- Add 1 packet of olives into the food processor spin for a few seconds. Just until finely chopped and in an almost paste like consistency.
- Heat a skillet or non stick pan.
- Add oil and cook the garlic.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook the garlic for a few seconds but not brown.
- Add the shredded olives, sun-dried tomatoes, chili spice, salt, smoked paprika.
- Pour the reserved water in half a cup at at time and add the cooked pasta and the 2nd packet of olives into the pan. Stir and cook adding the reserved water if you find it a bit dry. About 2 minutes. Don't overcook!
- Serve with sliced and grated Grana Padano cheese.