A colorful bowl of salad prepared with a variety of seasoned fruit and vegetables and served with a simple dressing. MIXED FRUIT & VEG POMEGRANATE SALAD takes from 5 to 10 minutes maximum for you to have this ready for serving!
Would you believe that I was smiling while making this fresh & crunchy salad? It seriously lifted my spirits because of all the color and while taking photos of it I was completely in love.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS SALAD?
Red & Green Lettuce Mix
Color cherry tomatoes
Feta Cheese (omit for vegan or dairy free option)
NO AVO? REALLY?
As much as avocado pear is the most loved and adored fruit sometimes we need to give it a miss and go for something different.
Some avocado recipes:
This is such an easy to go with option as a side dish with a variety of dishes. Other mains that will pair off with this mixed fruit & veg pomegranate salad are:
Balsamic Glazed Roast Pork
The Perfect Skillet Steak (and you can omit the roasted veg although that might be a sin! They’re so good 🙂
Irresistible Mashed Potato
Harissa & Honey Roasted Sweet Potato
Crunchy Roast Potatoes
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO ANOSMIC KITCHEN’S NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Fruit and Veg Pomegranate Salad
Such a robust salad reminds you of how beautiful plant powered food is. Bursting with flavor and easily complemented by this dressing nothing too heavy so as not to take away from the natural goodness. Should you decide to use this salad dressing you might want to leave the honey & brown sugar out for this salad.
MIXED FRUIT & VEG POMEGRANATE SALAD
- 1/4 sliced red cabbage
- 1 thinly sliced apple
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 cup mixed green & red lettuce
- 1 handful colorful cherry tomatoes
- 1 small naartjie (citrus)
- mixed seeds (sunflower, flex, hemp)
- Balsamic & Olive oil for dressing
- 1 squeezed fresh lime juice
- 1 pomegranate
- feta cheese to sprinkle on top
- Prepare all the ingredients by slicing and rinsing.Cut the pomegranate in half lengthwise.Remove the seeds and set aside.
- Mix together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice to keep in the fridge.
- Use balsamic & olive oil dressing when serving. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds on last or with the back of the spoon smack the fruit to release the seeds (Jamie Oliver tips!)