Cook the onion with fresh chili, a good curry powder on medium heat, a tiny splash of coriander spice and bob’s your uncle! Well, he is not my uncle either don’t worry 🙂
But I do have some onion in the image below so that you get the idea.
What you are going to need:
A skillet (or non stick pan)
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS:
If you don’t like coriander spice try fennel spice or caraway?
I would use a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon as well and really just pinch.
How much is a PINCH?
Pinch yourself, that’s a pinch! No more than what goes between your two fingers.
What if you don’t like rocket?
Okay (why? 😕) But you can always try parsley? dill? tarragon?
I always find that when making an omelette the larger the actual lifting part (the flat part) is the easier it is to lift and fold.
Whatever you do, don’t overcook the egg 🙁
In this breakfast post I explained as best I could how to cook the perfect omelette and those tips are still the same so please read it.
Lets Make A Curried Omelette!
Heat your skillet or non stick pan with a little oil in. My suggestion is to oil the skillet. Using your clean fingers add a few drops of oil into the pan and rub it all over the pan even on the sides! Yes all over on the inside and make sure your heat is on medium.
Medium is only to heat the pan once the egg goes in you will drop the heat slightly.
By the time you are done, you should have an egg like this one below or better 🙂 either way, don’t forget to FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and use the hashtag #ANOSMICKITCHEN or @ANOSMICKITCHEN to show us all your awesome curried omelette.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO ANOSMIC KITCHEN’S NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
- 2 eggs
- dash of milk
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp coriander spice
- 1 sliced fresh chili
- handful rocket
- 1 tbsp oil
- Rub about a teaspoon of oil into the skillet (if using a non stick pan heat a tablespoon of oil)
- Mix together eggs, milk and salt and set aside.
- Once the pan is hot add the sliced onion and chili and cook (on medium to low heat) for about 1 minute or less.
- Add the curry powder and coriander spice. Use a spoon to turn it around to avoid burning. This is when you add a drop more of the other 5 m of oil (for the skillet)
- Pour the egg in making sure to cover the ingredients. Let it cook for about 60 seconds.
- Using an egg lifter gently slide it in on the sides of the pan just slightly loosening the edges but not digging into the omelette.
- Add the rocket to cover the top of the omelette. Using your egg lifter slide it in on the sides again and this time gently loosen a bit more than the sides and once your egg-lifter is under the egg fold it over.