You can have this spaghetti with spinach sauce ready to serve in 15 minutes. 2 main ingredients. Spaghetti and spinach. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
You can use old fashioned spinach or baby spinach it really doesn’t matter the only difference would be that the baby spinach cooks quicker than old fashioned spinach.
Free Recipe E-Books!
Suggestions & Tips:
If you are using baby spinach then about 2 to 3 cups of spinach but if you are using regular old fashioned spinach about half the bunch.
Try not over process the spinach you simply want it in a paste to pour into the spaghetti.
Reserving the pasta water is important to create a liquid type base in the pasta so you don’t end up with an either dry or thick base.
The olives are an optional extra so if you don’t like them you can leave them out. If you are using them, they can be added in when you a combine all the ingredients at the end. They only need a few seconds in the final mix.
SPAGHETTI WITH SPINACH SAUCE
- 200 grams spaghetti (100 grams per person)
- 150 grams spinach
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 diced red pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions for about 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve the water.
- Meanwhile heat the oil a non stick pan and cook the garlic and red pepper (about a minute) add the spinach. Add some of the reserved water from the pasta to cook it through.
- Once the spinach has cooked transfer it to the food processor or blender and process into a smooth paste/sauce.
- Pour the spinach into the pan with the spaghetti, peppers and garlic and mix on medium heat. Use the remaining reserved water to get it into the consistency you want. Season to taste.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese (optional) and a drizzle of olive of oil (not optional!)