This cake…..I’m trying to find the words to describe to you just how incredible it tastes so let me try; delicious healthy easy chocolate cheesecake! Okay and also vegan, creamy, silky, smooth, crunchy slice of heaven. A whole other level of delicious so lets get to it.
In a nutshell:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Sugar free
- Plant based
My daughter came to visit for the Easter weekend and insisted I make this cake again after having tasted this no bake vegan cheesecake. She kept asking “how long till we can eat it?” Bless 🙂
I knew that I had to tweak it to set set quicker and it worked wonderfully!
Perhaps the fact that I left the almond milk out this time or that I used the cashews in the filling in this one, regardless they are both delicious in their own way.
This cheesecake is a different and maybe better version for you it really depends on what sort of texture you like. I love them both and apparently my daughter loves this delicious healthy easy chocolate cheesecake a lot better whereas my husband also loves them both. Its chocolate who doesn’t love chocolate?
For a non vegan family I sure do prepare lots of vegan recipes and fortunately everyone loves them. For me it’s not about vegan or dairy free (since there are no family requirements) when choosing to prepare a meal it’s more about healthier choice simple ingredients and that remains my focus as in the recipes in my free download recipe e-cookbook.
So this is how quick it is to make this chocolate cheesecake.
One morning during this Easter weekend I started on my cake with my daughter sitting across the kitchen counter chit chatting (best moments❤) and from start to finish it probably took 15 to 20 minutes including clean up and chit chat – quick easy and AMAZING!
Recipe Tips and Suggestions
- I always prefer lining a cake tin with baking paper because it makes it easier to remove when its ready and its also easier to transfer onto your favorite serving platter.
- Also if you have the right sized tin with the loose bottom that’s even easier to transfer. If not, a regular baking tin will work (baking paper and spray & cook).
- A cake tin that is not too large because you want your crust to fill the base and if you can get it up the sides slightly that’s great because you then have a crust on the sides as well.
- Use your fingers or a kitchen utensil to help flatten and tidy the crust into the pan and try pressing it so that it goes up the sides a little to create that firm edge.
Images on the crust in the tin can be found in this post.
Cashews can be soaked overnight which gives the filling a silkier smooth finish however I always soak the cashews a few hours in advance and sometimes for as little as 30 minutes.
I have kept another version of this cake in the freezer and that worked wonderfully because it kept the cake solid. For this delicious vegan cake however, it kept very well in the fridge.
If you try this Delicious Healthy Easy Chocolate Cheesecake please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes! Also, if you take any pictures of your creation and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen so that I don’t miss your post!
Recipe You May Like:
DELICIOUS HEALTHY EASY CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsps coco
- 5 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cashews (soaked for 20 to 40 min)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 250 grams chocolate (melted)
- rind and juice of 1 medium lemon
- Prepare a baking tin with baking paper and use spray and cook on the inside. Set aside.
- Add all the crust ingredients into a food processor/blender starting by pulsing the almonds, dates and oats followed by the coco, oil and essence.
- Once the desired consistency is reached (it should be soft and slightly sticky when pressed between your fingers). Press the crust into the prepared tin and leave in the fridge to set while preparing the filling.
- Melt the chocolate your preferred way or see the tips and suggestions of this post.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients into the food processor starting by pulsing the cashews followed by the honey, lemon rind & juice and the melted chocolate. Whiz in the processor into a smooth and silky filling.
- Pour the filling into the crust and leave it to set in the fridge for a couple of hours before adding fresh/frozen fruit toppings. Enjoy!