One word only to describe this delicious vegetable roast on toast and its AMAZING! What’s not to love with fresh and homemade food? It has roasted mushrooms, baby spinach, cucumber, roasted seeds, basil pesto, chili, garlic, olive oil.
When I posted this on my Instagram last week I got so many love messages and compliments and I love that so much thank you guys❤
Its always so much better when you have the ingredients on hand and lead yourself into a surprise treat. I had not idea that I was going to be making vegetables on toast but I went with it and it will be made again for sure!
If you enjoy my recipes please don’t forget to sign up below for the weekly newsletter and not miss out!
Free Recipe E-Books!
Delicious Vegetable Roast on Toast
Its such a versatile way of using your veggies because as I have always said even someone doesn’t like vegetables you can get away with perhaps getting them to eat roast veg, especially well seasoned vegetables.
When combined with this pesto you are getting a ton of flavor! The pesto is a combination of fresh basil leaves, baby spinach and flat Italian parsley, right? Each bite was a mouthful of flavor and so delicious it was just incredible.
There are no hard and fast rules you can certainly substitute the ingredients. If you have subscribed to my newsletter or follow me on Instagram you will know that my recipes are very interchangeable because I am all about “use what you have” without running around for last minute buys 🙁
DELICIOUS VEGETABLE ROAST ON TOAST
- basil pesto
- cucumber slices
- fresh dill
- fresh mint
- red salad onions
- baby spinach
- mixed seeds
- olive oil
- fresh black pepper
- chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- Heat a skillet or non stick pan with a very thin layer of oil and roast the mushrooms till brown turning over once.
- Once the mushrooms are cooking on the 2nd side add in your red onions and half of the baby spinach. These need to only wilt a little.
- Remove the mushrooms, onion and wilted spinach. Turn down the heat and toss the seeds in if using any. Because a skillet maintains heat so well they should only take a minute to roast before you remove it from the heat.
- Drizzle half of the olive oil over the toast followed by roughly rubbing the peeled garlic clove on top of the toast.
- Layer the rest of the ingredients on the toast alternating with cucumber slices, wilted spinach, pesto, onion salt, chili flakes, fresh black pepper, fresh dill, etc. and finish with fresh pepper and roasted seeds.