There’s nothing that says weekend like pancakes and these spinach and avocado pancakes were drizzled in honey in our home this weekend!
You can make the batter the night before and keep in an airtight container in the fridge. The next morning give it one final whiz and perhaps a drop a milk/water to thin out the consistency and cook in a non-stick pan on low heat, Dry pan no oil.
Free Recipe E-Books!
Serving Suggestions & Recipe Tips
These spinach and avocado pancakes are an easy to follow recipe and it makes about 10 to 12 pancakes depending on how much batter you use for each one. These where served with fresh figs (seasonal right now in South Africa) and drizzled in honey.
The topping suggestions are endless! Tonight we will probably have them as a dessert with melted chocolate. Here are some other pancake serving suggestions:
- yogurt & berries
- cinnamon & syrup
- whipped cream
- bacon & egg (breakfast pancakes)
- banana and the good old peanut butter also
- Chia seeds, hemp seeds etc.
Other Pancakes That You Will Love
SPINACH AND AVOCADO PANCAKES
- 150 grams spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsps coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsps oil
- Add all the ingredients one at a time into a food processor starting with the spinach, avocado, coconut flour, banana, eggs one at time, baking powder, oil and if needed a dash of milk or water for a thinner consistency.
- Heat a non stick pan on high dropping the heat to medium low just before you start.
- Once you are happy with the consistency, use a measuring cup or large spoon to drop the liquid into the hot pan. If its thick, then tilt the pan slightly making it spread out a bit.
- As soon you see small bubbles appear on the top, its cooking! Using a large base egg lifter slide it underneath and don't flip until its cooked or it falls apart.