Looking for a delicious quick and amazing pasta dish? Then this pesto pasta is it. For lunch, dinner or even breakfast because it’s always pasta time somewhere right?
It’s absolutely divine! The pesto takes about 8 minutes to make and that’s the time the pasta needs to boil approximately so it’s quick and delicious.
Suggestions and Tips:
You can use store bought pesto or you can make your own. Making basil pesto is extremely simple, I have a great recipe that I’m sure you will love and it’s right here How To Make A Classic Basil Pesto .
If you are going to make it try and use the best quality ingredients it really does make a difference in the taste. A good olive oil, a quality type cheese, fresh greens etc. because all those things make up a great recipe. There are times that you don’t always have the ingredients for this classic basil pesto but as long as you have some greens you are good to go. Interchanging the fresh greens, nuts and even oil can help in experimenting with a variety of pesto’s. This Baby Spinach & Parsley Pesto is a good example.
Links to More Pasta Recipes That You May Love:
Pasta Pesto Recipe
- 200 grams pasta
- pesto (as needed)
- parmigiano reggiano (for serving)
- fresh basil leaves (for serving)
- Bring the water to boil, add salt and cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Roughly 8 to 10 minutes. Reserve about a cup or 2 of the water when draining.
- In a saucepan, add the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water and the pesto. Mix well adding less or more water depending on how you like it.
- Serve with cheese and fresh basil.