Quick and easy berry sorbet that takes 5 minutes to make. Healthy and and mixing the frozen berries gives it loads of flavor with every spoonful!
Free Recipe E-Books!
Recipe Tips For This Quick Frozen Berry Sorbet
The recipe calls for 2 cups of frozen berries so you are more than welcome to mix the berry flavors. Used here are cranberries and blueberries so you get that beautiful blueberry coming through the cranberry.
When heating the berries for the syrup add small amounts of sugar and lemon juice as it heats until you get the consistency you want.
This berry sorbet can be served immediately however if you want it to set into the mold perfectly then it would be best to leave it for a few hours. You can also leave it overnight and turn it over onto a plate the next morning to use. It leaves you with just the syrup to make the next morning!
You can use the back of spoon or knife to gently hit the sorbet out if using general kitchen containers and not molds.
Quick Frozen Berry Sorbet
- 2 cups frozen berries
- 1/2 cup berries for the sauce
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any other milk)
- 2 tbsps ice water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsps sugar
- Add the berries into a food processor, pour in the milk and process on low to start gradually picking the speed up.
- Process into a thick smooth consistency but don't over blend. You just want the berries smooth. Pour in the water if you want it a bit thinner.
- Pour the berries into any small dishes for shape or molds and freeze for 10 min before serving.
- Meanwhile heat a non stick pan and add additional berries and allow to heat with a spoonful of sugar. Add the lemon juice and stirr until you get a berry sauce.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool before pouring over the berries.