These berries and oatmeal dessert heavenly cupcakes turned out to be the best! They set perfectly into little cups, the baked oatmeal base gives it a crunchy taste, combined with the berries the result is amazing! They are vegan, gluten & dairy-free, easy to make, ten ingredients or less! For all those looking for a healthy berry dessert option this is it! They freeze well so there’s no rush to eat up and you always have a dessert on hand for those sweet cravings.
Even though we are going into winter slowly but surely we are not there yet! However, I am very happy to have these in the freezer ready to eat anytime of the year!
A DELICIOUS, HEALTHY AND EASY TO PREPARE DESSERT
With the convenience of frozen berries this berries and oatmeal dessert was a must share! I am very EXCITED to be sharing this recipe with you because it started from a ‘try’ to the ‘best’. The crust was perfect and the mixed berries filled up each cup I was literally smiling as I topped them off and left them in the freezer so I hope that you will enjoy them just as much!
FREEZER FRIENDLY AND ONLY TO BE TAKEN OUT WHEN READY TO EAT
I know that I have been posting a lot of frozen berry fruit posts recently and if you follow me on Instagram you would have noticed this to be true. Frozen berries are just so convenient and you can make from a breakfast bowl, luxury dessert snack to these berries and oatmeal dessert cups and the best part is that they are also so good for you!
You can make them and leave them in the freezer for anytime you crave something sweet and want to spoil yourself. In last weeks newsletter I mentioned just how we forget to give ourselves time to do and eat the things that WE love! So this weekend I took into account something that I knew was not going have me slaving in the kitchen (or at least I was trying) was going to be healthy, easy and quick to prepare. No wonder these berry dessert cups were left in the freezer with a smile 🙂
FROZEN BERRIES POURED INTO OATMEAL CUPS
After having made this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake which is also Vegan, I haven’t stopped at wanting to make even more healthy no bake quick and easy cakes and desserts. I wanted to make a crust and wanted it to be light so I went with oatmeal. You can also use a biscuit base? Mmmm next recipe!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST BERRIES AND OATMEAL CUPS
Start by spraying a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. The spray helps you remove the cups with ease. They might still be frozen into the tin after freezing so just give them a minute and they should slide out. If they don’t simply use a blunt knife and with one gentle nudge touch it on the top side and it should slide out.
Now mix the oats, granola, melted coconut oil and a mashed banana and some vanilla drops. Press the mix into the cups and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or just until the oatmeal cups are golden brown. You can also double the quantities because this was ‘try’ remember? These quantity ingredients made roughly 9 cups so if you are wanting a large batch then increase the ingredients.
EASY TO SERVE BERRIES AND OATMEAL CUPS – HEALTHY
These healthy dessert cups are a complete dessert on their own. With the crunchy base and creamy velvety filling you really don’t need anything else. However, if you have few in the freezer you might want to try it with something different, just for taste.
ENJOY THESE BERRY DESSERT CUPS WITH:
- a drizzle of honey
- dollop of yogurt
- chocolate pieces
- yogurt with chia seeds and honey!
Admittedly the images really could have been better but don’t let that fool you. These berries and oatmeal little cups are so good and the best part?
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THESE BERRY AND OATMEAL DESSERT CUPS WHICH ARE:
- Quick to make
- Fat free
- Low carb
- Gluten free
- Oatmeal Crust
LOOKING FOR MORE DESSERT RECIPES? YOU MAY LIKE MY OTHER RECIPES:
If you try this Berries and Oatmeal Dessert – Healthy Recipe, please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes please do that! Also, if you take any pictures of your creation and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen so that I don’t miss your post! Enjoy these really good berries and oatmeal healthy cups!
BERRIES AND OATMEAL CUPS AN ALL CLEAN & HEALTHY DESSERT
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup granola
- 1 large banana (or 2 small ones)
- 2 tbsps coconut oil (melted if not already liquid)
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup ice water (stand by)
- Spray a muffin pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the oats, granola and oil. Mix into a paste.
- Add the mashed banana and mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Add the vanilla essence, mix and scoop into the muffin tin making sure to go 1/2 to 3/4 way up leaving space for the berry filling. Bake the crusts for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Once ready, set aside to cool down completely.
- Meanwhile pour all the frozen berries into a food processor and add the milk in slowly while the processor is going, a bit at a time until the berries have reached the desired thickness.
- If you need to make it thinner then add the ice water but a spoon at a time making sure it stays thick and velvety.
- Pour the smooth and velvety berry filling into each cup. Add some extra berries on top and freeze till ready to eat. This is when you can add coconut shavings or chocolate pieces (optional)
- Take out just 5 minutes before eating to get the perfect bite unless you can eat every cold cups! Enjoy!
- you can increase the amount of oats or
- use a shop bought granola
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE IMAGES BELOW!
Free Recipe E-Books!