This Chocolate Cheesecake is made with creamy cashews and melted chocolate with a nutty crunchy chocolate crust! I don’t know if dessert gets better than chocolate cheesecake especially at this time of the year when everyone is indulging? Choc o late……
and the best part besides splurging is splurging with a guilt free mind…..because this cake is:
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Sugar free
This chocolate cheesecake is not only silky smooth and filled with melted chocolate and cashews it’s also a pleasure to make. Its a fun and enjoyable recipe that’s why I have made it so many times…it’s
- Fun & enjoyable
- No bake
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE
Start by lining a cake tin with baking paper. I would suggest that for these quantities a larger cake tin would be too big so don’t go for those large tins like when you make sponge cake or something. For this recipe a 20/30cm will suffice. As long as it has a loose bottom so that you can simply “unlock” the clasp to drop the cake when removing it from the tin. Don’t actually drop the cake!
Smaller tin because it packs a thick base and higher to get solid high side crusts. Okay moving on….
COOKING SPRAY / PARCHMENT BAKING PAPER
Use parchment paper/baking paper to line the tin out. I spray both before after the paper (a bit neurotic I know) but you don’t have too you can just spray after the paper if you using any cooking spray.
My suggestion is that you use a non stick baking tin with cooking spray especially if you are not using paper, you don’t want any challenges when removing the cake. Using baking paper alleviates all that and it comes out with ease (plus there’s easy clean up after hehehe)
This tin (image below) has a loose bottom so when the cheesecake was done, all that I needed to do was loosen the bottom and remove the paper. Leave it on the bottom part of the cake tin until it has had time to set in the fridge before trying to remove it.
As you can see I wrapped the tin in baking paper all round and the bottom. Use a scissors to cut the paper to fit. You may have to overlap pieces of paper but that’s fine.
Although you can use a regular blend of coco try using an organic coco if wanting a healthier option and also because it’s a lot sweeter with regular coco.
LET’S TALK ABOUT THE FILLING!
Okay first the crust just quickly…..The crust for me is always the best part and I loooove this crust because the texture is on point! Crunchy and nutty and simply delicious! Okay now the filling…..
Soak the cashews if you want a smoother silkier filling. That’s first.
You should soak overnight but you can also soak for 3o minutes, one hour, etc.. however the result will not be a smooth silky finish but it will still taste amazing.
ADDING THE CREAM
I suggest using coconut cream as well as almond milk and its only about 4 tablespoons so what I do is go with 2 coconut cream and 2 almond milk. Of-course you can go with just coconut cream if you want a rich creamier filling.
View this post on Instagram
This cheesecake is not only easy & quick to make its also….wait for it….cho…co…la…ty! It’s a word, trust me😊 Topped off with an array of fresh fruit, it makes the perfect centerpiece for your table. Eat with no regrets – this cheesecake is vegan, glutenfree, dairyfree and guilt free! Full recipe is on my blog! https://myanosmickitchen.com/2019/06/30/chocolate-cheesecake/ #chocolate #cheesecake #cake #dessert #desserts #veganrecipes #glutenfreerecipes #glutenfree #vegan #dairyfree #chocolatecake #dairyfreerecipes #christmas #dessertsofinstagram #guiltfree #anosmickitchen #cakedecorating #festivefood #guiltfreefood #capetownfoodie #deliciously_sa #food24_sa #instaeatscapetown #instaeatssouthafrica #safoodpics #foodvideo #videos #igtvchannel
Other Chocolate Recipe That You May Enjoy
WANT TO TRY THIS RECIPE? HAVE TRIED THIS RECIPE?
If you try this Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes! Also, if you take any pictures of your creation and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen so that I don’t miss your post!
DELICIOUS & CRAZY SIMPLE VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsps organic coco
- 5 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cups chopped dates
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup cashews (soaked min 30 min. see post on this)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (vegan option) honey if not vegan
- 250 grams chocolate (melted & dairy/sugar free)
- rind and juice of 1 medium lemon
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut milk (or almond milk for less cream. Add one at a time to see the consistency change as you want it)
- Prepare a baking tin with baking paper and use spray and cook on the inside. Set aside.
- Add all the crust ingredients into a food processor/blender starting by pulsing the almonds, dates and oats followed by the coco, oil and essence.
- Once the desired consistency is reached (it should be soft and slightly sticky when pressed between your fingers). Press the crust into the prepared tin and leave in the fridge to set while preparing the filling.
- Melt the chocolate your preferred way or see the tips and suggestions of this post.
- Add the rest of the filling ingredients into the food processor starting by pulsing the cashews followed by the honey, lemon rind & juice and the melted chocolate. Whiz in the processor into a smooth and silky filling.
- Pour the filling into the crust and leave it to set in the fridge for a couple of hours before adding fresh/frozen fruit toppings. Enjoy!
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE IMAGES BELOW!