9 Ingredients 10 Minutes and it still tastes better than takeout! This saucy chicken recipe is what you will make repeatedly because of the amazing taste and the sheer convenience of having dinner ready in no time.
SERVINGS FOR THIS SAUCY CHICKEN
Potato or any other vegetable side dish.
Perfect for those midweek dinners, here’s a little inspiration on what to pair it off with not taking away from the fact that this chicken is saucy all on it’s own…
Walking past our local Asian store on Saturday morning it was surprisingly not so busy and that made me walk in for a quick purchase. I went in there for noodles because Asian noodles are a great change from pasta and there are so many types of noodles! So when the store is quite its a wonderful time to browse and ask questions and be creative. I will soon be posting a full recipe on the noodles that I ended up taking but for now here’s my…….
I think the name saucy chicken is very suitable well (since I didn’t know what to call it) saucy? Yes! Sticky? A little. Tasty? Absolutely! Its a matter of lightly flouring the chicken breasts and dropping them into a hot skillet with oil and garlic and cook on medium heat.
FOR MORE QUICK DINNERS TRY THESE?!
15 Minute Pesto Pasta
Protein Packed Chickpea and Lentil Curry
Roasted Balsamic Eggplant
Roast Veggie Pizza
The Perfect Skillet Steak and Veg
Pasta Garlic in Basil Sauce
Pasta Olives and Sun dried Tomatoes
SUGGESTIONS ON COOKING THIS CHICKEN
- Cutting the chicken breasts length-ways in half makes them thinner therefore they cook quicker.
- Don’t overcook the chicken it really doesn’t need more than 10 minutes in the pan.
- If you find that your chicken is sticking to the pan then your pan is not hot enough.
- Make sure that pan is steaming hot before you drop the chicken breast into it.
- When you pour the oil into the pan it will instantly turn into that steaming hot oil that’s how you know the pan is ready.
If you try this Homemade Saucy Chicken please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes. Also, if you take any pictures of your creation and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen so that I don’t miss your post. Enjoy!
Homemade Saucy Chicken – QUICK & EASY
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 fresh garlic cloves sliced
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp's honey
- 2 tbsp's flour
- 3 tbsp's oil
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise in half and lightly cover with flour.
- Mix the crushed garlic, ginger, fish sauce, soy sauce and honey in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a very hot pan with the oil once heated and brown the chicken for less than a minute on each side.
- Pour the sauce into the pan making sure to cover it with the sauce and cook for about 10 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE IMAGES BELOW!