These oven baked tacos in the best beef tomato sauce are incredibly good! When you say tacos generally everyone in our house listens up 🙂
HOW TO MAKE OVEN BAKED TACOS
Lets start with the BEEF SAUCE:
For this recipe get you mince into the pan and brown it then set it aside. Same pan, add the onions and garlic and add the tomatoes to cook.
Here are your options with the sauce:
make it from scratch with fresh tomatoes as I’ve done here (no need to do it this way, you can also….)
used canned tomatoes OR
if you are really rushed for time make it another day! :)))
only kidding you can also make the sauce with tomato puree or tomato passata (the quicker way), add a dash of water, some of your favorite spices let it cook and you have a tomato sauce made pronto!
BEEF MINCE SAUCE
Tomato sauce is almost always cooking in our kitchen so it has become familiar for my family to walk into the kitchen and there’s a pot of sauce on the stove. I love making sauce, it complements so many recipes and the rich flavor from the roasted tomatoes takes the taste from ordinary to extra ordinary.
Tomato flavored recipes:
MY BEEF MINCE AND BACON IN SAUCE
Okay so just remember that the sauce is something that you can do in advance and have it in the fridge so that it’s always ready to use when you need it. If making the sauce in advance you don’t even need to add the mince because you may want to use it for a dish that doesn’t require mince.
Sure you can make your own but if you’re just want to eat taco shells like we do then just buy them. There are so many great brands out there everyone and seriously if you are going to be making an effort with the sauce you may just want to get to it. These tacos below come from Woollies and are great! Just in case you are looking to try something different.
OVEN BAKED BEEF TACOS
Did I enjoy making these tacos? Absolutely! Why? First off the combination of the beef mince, cheese, tomato sauce, chili (if you want) corn tortillas baked, I don’t know what else you need me to say except;
- They taste amazing!
- Family favorite
- Quick and very easy
- Easily available
- Incredibly delicious
This is a well balanced meal just like if you were making a pasta dish or any other cuisine. As long as the flavors balance out you have in incredibly good tasting combination of ingredients.
ARE YOU CONVINCED YET THAT YOU SHOULD TRY THIS RECIPE?
If you try these Oven Baked Beef Tacos please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes. Also, if you take any pictures of your creation and share it on Instagram, please make sure to tag me @anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen so that I don’t miss your post. Enjoy!
Oven Baked Beef Tacos Recipe (With The Best Sauce)
- 400 grams ground beef
- 200 grams bacon
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 4 fresh tomatoes (roasted & peeled)
- 1 cup passata sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cups water
- taco shells
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- greens for dressing (lettuce, parsley, rocket etc)
- salt & pepper
- sour cream
- In a non stick pan heat the oil and brown the beef mince, about 5 to 8 minutes and cook the bacon till browned. Remove and set aside.
- Same pan cook the onion and garlic for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Get the roasted tomatoes into a food processor and process into a liquid. Pour into the pan. Add the water, salt, pepper and cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes. Return the mince, add the sugar, passata and cook till done. Add the bacon just before filling the shells.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Place the taco shells into a baking pan and add the beef mince in tomato sauce into each taco shell. Top off with cheese and bake for about 8 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve the taco shells while hot with greens (see notes), sour cream and avocado.
SERVING THE TACOSAlways best served warm with a variety of options:
- lettuce or any salad greens you may like
- sour cream
- sliced red onion
- fresh chili
- sriracha sauce or any hot sauce
- veggies or any other sides.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE AND PIN THE IMAGES BELOW!