Hello lovely people, thank you for visiting my blog and recipes! We always feel like pancakes on the weekend and these OTT Pancakes – over the top pancakes are perfect for any day but very comforting on the weekend 🙂
EASY, FUN, CREATIVE, DELICIOUS WITH EVERYDAY INGREDIENTS!
- easy & fun to make
- every day ingredients
- weekend magic
When it comes to the weekend I think we all try to make everything as relaxed as possible and this pancake recipe maybe over the top but is as basic as a pancake batter you can get. I know you probably hear this so often but truth be told you seriously probably got the ingredients in your kitchen.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
Look at me being young and carefree calling these pancakes OTT Pancakes! 🙂 Up until this afternoon I had no idea what OTT even meant! Never too old to learn something new everyday no matter how small or insignificant you might think it is so there, that’s a little positive something for the week ahead hey?!
For this recipe I used every day simple ingredients which you can get into the bowl, mix with you dry ingredients and you have a batter ready to cook. I have made so many pancakes on this blog and each one has its own version of deliciousness. For this recipe I used general all purpose flour with no vegetables or fruit inside so my husband was very happy to not see any red or green pancakes! Suffice to say, he ate and enjoyed all the pancakes, regardless. I think we become so set in our ways that we hold onto what we know? Trying different foods and having an open mind is no different yet should remain what we constantly challenge ourselves to do. How would you know what works better for you, or what you thought was what you loved was in fact not working for you if you didn’t remain open minded?
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS PANCAKE RECIPE
- Get all the dry ingredients into a bowl
- All the wet ingredients into another bowl (egg, essence & milk) yes just 3 ingredients!
- Use a non stick pan or skillet
- Add the butter a little at a time and the most important thing with pancakes is getting the heat right!
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool down if you find it over hot while you drop the heat
- Most important: Be Patient otherwise they will burn!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter (or about 5 tablespoons)
- Flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Milk, egg and vanilla essence in a bowl. Whisk and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Heat a non stick pan and lower your heat to medium. The pan should be hot but not piping hot or the pancakes will burn without cooking.
- Using a 1/4 cup measurement scoop the batter and drop into the pan.
- Hold the pan and gently swirl the batter so that it creates a wider circle in the pan.
- The minute you see bubbles appear it's time to flip it over. Do that 🙂
- Keep adding a little butter to keep the pan lightly oiled while cooking the batter.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
ICINGUse a basic icing recipe (any recipe)
Options to Color the Icing
Food coloring or
Natural Food Coloring
- Red cabbage
- Spinach (see these spinach pancakes)
- Natural ingredient powders that can be purchased from most health food stores
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE