Hello everyone, its been a cold Monday and this chicken and chickpea noodles is the perfect one pot meal for a rainy day. No sunshine and roses to this meal just good old fashioned comfort food. It was an incredibly long day for us yesterday so besides the weather we are also still full of flu, I know right? Anyway, nobody feels like standing in the kitchen for hours or even thinking about what to make so quick and easy does it!
Loaded with garlic and chili you can feel the goodness go through your body with every fork full. It’s more a case of you come alive again. Its amazing and what I love most is that you can get on with other things in those 15 minutes.
WHAT’S FOR DINNER?
I remember when my children were little, life was so different in that I was always thinking what’s for dinner? I’m not sure if you can relate but for me there’s something sinfully wrong with that question. You know when your family walks into the house every day and ask whats for dinner? Sorry guys but in particular men always ask that question, why? Whats for dinner?
In the beginning of our life together it was no problem when my husband asked whats for dinner I always responded with light footsteps and an enlightening response of oh pasta sausage, bolognese, chicken, roast etc. It never bothered me quite as much as when we were in the middle years of our life. Then it was met with a firm ‘I don’t know’ followed by ‘why is this my responsibility????
You know, that question is not welcomed when you arrive from work and are exhausted and have young children to take care of and a husband and a 2 crazy dogs outside that wont stop barking? Ah yes life sure does humor us at times and then test our patience to no avail.
Keep some sauce to pour over the top for that extra appeal, I was tired, hungry and forgot but it does make all the difference if you like your food a bit more saucy!
WHAT’S FOR DINNER?
Life is a lot calmer now that my children are no longer children but young adults and have moved out so we are a lot older and calmer and that question no longer bothers me quite so much as it used to. Finally I have the blessed moments of using my well tested patience :)))
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
Okay so I know that you’ve probably always heard this phrase “it couldn’t be easier” well here you go with ‘It Simply Couldn’t Be Any Easier!
The basics of this one pot chicken and chickpea noodles is the easy prep.
- Cut the chicken into cubes, rinse and leave in the colander to drip
- Press the ginger
- Dice the onion
- Mix the sauce ingredients
- Prep done!
Also this sauce is so much better if left in the fridge over night or for 2 days but I honestly didn’t have it prepared this time around. It still tasted amazing so its all good. Preparing it in advance just gets it to marinade into a thicker more flavorful sauce.
- no fuss
- one pot
No Fuss One Pot Chicken and Chickpea Noodles Recipe
- 400 grams roasted chickpeas (1 regular can size and roasting is optional it just gives them a crunchy texture which I love but your call)
- 300 grams noodles
- 400 grams chicken
- 1 medium onion or half large (diced)
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 1 TBSP GINGER (THUMB SIZE)
- 2 TBSPS LOW SODIUM SOY SAUCE
- 1 TBSP FISH SAUCE
- 1 TBSP RICE VINEGAR
- 1 TBSP HOISEN SAUCE
- 1 TBSP WATER
- 1 TSP OLIVE OIL
- Chop the chicken into cubes and press/finely chop the ginger and dice the onion.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. (you can also do this and leave in the fridge the night before)
- Heat a skillet/saucepan and add chicken cubes, onion, garlic, spices, water, half of the sauce cover and cook on medium heat for about 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the lid, add the noodles and the rest of the sauce, and a bit more water if needed, Mix, continue cooking without the lid and add the chickpeas 2 minutes taking it off the heat.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE