This Zucchini Sweet Potato Bowl is sure to make you happy whether or not you are a fan of the so called Buddha bowls yet 🙂 So if you are looking for a healthy bowl tonight, for lunch, dinner (or perhaps a nibble on the weekend) then do try this recipe!
To make all the ingredients in this bowl it takes under an hour and is also
- easy to prepare
- gluten free
- whole grains
- tasty lemon tahini
- power based
- plant food
BOWL RECIPE IDEAS/INGREDIENTS
- Brown rice & quinoa (I’ve also used barley!)
- Beans – black, mixed beans
- Seeds – pumpkin, sesame, sunflower, flax
- Nuts – cashews, almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts or all mixed?
- Spices – everything in this recipe and more depending on what you are making
VINAIGRETTE / DRESSING IDEA RECIPES
The dressing for these ingredients is so perfectly matched with its creamy and lemony tastes. I really wasn’t sure what I was going for when making this bowl but halfway through I knew that I wanted two different dressings. With that in mind, the tahini to drizzle over the potatoes was a match made in heaven so all that was left was the zucchini dressing.
Welcome loads of parsley which had to be used before it completely wilted! Right so in goes the parsley after being chopped with red onion, garlic, fresh lemon, salt and about a tablespoon of ice water. Blend into the most creamy tasty parsley with lemon and a drop of water which helps the creaminess and pour into the zucchini (see recipe) Such perfection for these greens dropped into a hot pan and cooked oil free.
Having asked in my Instagram story for ideas on what to make with all the zucchini I had landed up with last week I was so honored to receive the many suggestions! Some of you even sent links to your favorite zucchini recipes! That was just too sweet to say the least 😘😘😘 Thank you to everyone so much I will still look at the recipes because this Zucchini Sweet Potato Bowl was a very unplanned meal as are so many of my recipes though.
- Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- Berry and Oatmeal Dessert – HEALTHY
- Healthy Chocolate Balls -Quick Easy Delicious
- Pasta Pesto Rainbow Buddha Bowl
- My First Take On A Homemade Acai Bowl
- Dreamy Mixed Berry Dessert
- Tofu Fruit and Vegetable Salad
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Crunchy Vegetable Toast – Quick & Easy
- Tomato and Basil Pesto Toast
SWEET POTATO BAKE
Sweet potato bake is a healthy, delicious tasting dish! Besides how can anyone not like this vegetable when it has all these amazing benefits? Iv made a few sweet potato recipes which Iv posted, much too embarrassed to post every potato recipe 🙂
Sweet potato stays fresh for long with minimal care, is a lasting pantry staple (leave in in your pantry, in a bowl anywhere it simply stays as fresh as possible for as long as possible and there are not many veggies who can claim that). The sweet potato is very affordable, healthy and easy to cook.
You would think it’s all I eat! However here are some that you may want to try besides this healthy zucchini sweet potato bowl.
- Veggie Patties – Sweet Potato and Spinach
- Stuffed Baby Sweet Potatoes
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Salad
- Harissa & Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Crunchy Roast Potatoes
HOW TO MAKE A ZUCCHINI SWEET POTATO BOWL
This is a very easy healthy zucchini sweet potato bowl to put together as any bowl food recipe should be. It’s always easier to start with anything that needs cooking time because unless you are using leftovers or precooked and prepared food it will take you longer. Start with the sweet potatoes which you can steam for a few minutes in the microwave or cook a few minutes on the stove-top. Lay down some baking paper in an oven tray to bake the potatoes in a curry sauce.
While they bake, prepare the parsley lemon dressing which takes 5 minutes. I always have tahini in my fridge, always! Yes, I love the stuff and can find a 100 ways to use it trust me 🙂 I have a quick & easy tahini recipe so I have you covered. It keeps very well in the fridge and like pesto and hummus always make sure that they are covered in a little oil to preserve them for longer.
- tahini recipe here
- lemon juice
Don’t forget that when making the zucchini you don’t need to add oil to the pan. Simply clean them by chopping off the ends, rinse, no need to dry, slice length-ways and into the hot skillet they go. Keep your stove on medium heat because you don’t want them to get those grill marks before they are at least slightly done. Having the stove on high will burn them before cooking them!
Wait until they are brown and cooked to you liking. I suggest al dente (“to the tooth” meaning a brief cooking time) and then pour in the parsley lemon dressing seconds before you take them off the stove. Plate immediately.
Zucchini Sweet Potato Nourishing Bowl
- 2 sweet potatoes (cut into cubes and steamed or parboiled)
- 6 small zucchini (2 or 3 large)
- radish, cucumber, colorful cherry tomatoes, pomegranate, fresh strawberries and mixed seeds.
- 1/2 cup tahini (see recipe for tahini under my tips section)
- fresh mint for dressing
- 2 tbsps turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin spice
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 large freshly squeezed lemon and grated zest
- 3 small fresh garlic cloves (pressed)
- 1/2 small red onion finely chopped
SWEET POTATOES & CURRY
- Prepare a an oven tray with baking paper and heat the oven to 190 degrees
- Rinse and cut the potatoes into cubes (peels on!)
- Parboil or microwave steam the potatoes
- Heat a pan, add all the spices, oil and salt bringing to a boil stirring constantly to prevent burning and adding a little water to allow the spices to cook properly
- Add the potatoes into the pan and mix thoroughly with the spices.
- Remove from the heat and toss into oven tray, drizzling some of the cooked spice mix over the potatoes.
- Bake at 190 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes turning over once and adding any left over spice mix and a drizzle of olive oil if needed. Bake till golden brown.
- Heat a skillet, rinse the zucchini, slice length-ways with the peels on!
- Add sliced zucchini into the skillet and brown on both sides. Set aside.
Parsley & Lemon Vinaigrette
- Add the chopped parsley, garlic, red onion, lemon juice & zest into the bowl of a food processor and spin till you get a tasty green vinaigrette.
- When the zucchini is browned pour in a little parsley vinaigrette, toss in the heat and set aside.
- In a large slightly round bowl arrange all the prepared ingredients, drizzle some tahini dressing over the curried sweet potatoes for extra flavor, sprinkle promegranate and seeds over the bowl ingredients and a drizzle of balsamic over the strawberries. Enjoy 🙂
Tried This Recipe? Mention @ANOSMICKITCHEN or tag #ANOSMICKITCHEN