Hummus Avocado Paste Recipe. No beetroot roasts just one can of chickpeas and one avocado makes three different delicious flavors. Not sure which is easier, more delicious or quicker but you have to give these a try.
HUMMUS AVOCADO PASTE RECIPE
I haven’t actually met anyone who doesn’t like chickpea hummus. They may not care for it much but no real strong absolutely not reactions. With all the chickpea hummus recipes I have made in this kitchen I have posted only a fraction on the blog. I mean, you can perfect your recipe, add in a new ingredient or find a new technique but generally it’s a standard traditional Middle Eastern Recipe.
For this chickpea hummus bottle I have used the exact same recipe as my previous Quick & Easy Chickpea Hummus Recipe.
TWO RECIPES ONE CAN OF CHICKPEAS
That’s exactly what happened here. While making the chickpea recipe I decided that I wanted a different color and had no time to roast beets for the beet hummus! In comes the beetroot powder that I bought a while back and have been using in my oat bowls and my different ACAI Bowl. So basically that’s all there was to the the beet colorful bottle that you see here.
The plant based beet berry powder used here is my new favorite kitchen ingredient! I am using it in just about everything I eat. To see all the benefits of this power house powder you can see more of what I shared on this post here.
QUICK & EASY RECIPES
- Beet Hummus Spread
- Crunchy Vegetable Toast – Quick & Easy
- Easy Homemade Pizza and a Basic Crust Recipe
- Dreamy Mixed Berry Dessert
- My First Take On A Homemade Acai Bowl
TIPS & SUGGESTIONS
- Using the beet powder in a hummus recipe is just a shorter cut to roasting the beetroot. There is good selection of beet powders on the market, make sure to get the best product.
- A teaspoon does the trick but if you want a deeper robust color simply increase the powder quantity.
- Avocado Paste is delicious. and already smooth on its own so in this avocado paste the flavor comes alive.
- These 3 pastes stored very well in the fridge for a few days. Just top off the bottles with a bit of olive oil before leaving them in the fridge. This way they stay fresh for longer.
HUMMUS AND AVOCADO RECIPES
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 medium fresh lemon
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp natural beet berry powder
- 1 ripe avocado pear
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8th tsp chili powder
- 1 small lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup Italian fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Follow the ingredients above for the chickpea hummus. Add all the ingredients into a food processor and process into a smooth paste. Add the olive oil slowly through the nozzle while the motto is spinning. Taste for salt and consistency as you go and adjust accordingly.
- Half the chickpea hummus into two small bowls. In one of the bowls add the beet powder and mix thoroughly adding more powder for a more deep pink/red color.
- Add all the ingredients for the Avocado Paste into the bowl of the food processor or blender and blend into a smooth paste. Taste and adjust accordingly.