This is a very quick and Easy Minced Beef Tacos Recipe that anyone can make. The best part of this Mexican Cuisine is that it never lets you down even if you are a beginner in the kitchen you cannot mess up tacos? You buy the taco shells, half the job done. Heat a pan and cook the onions, mince and spices. Add the tomato and a few other ingredients fill the shells, top with cheese, bake and enjoy with the rest of the toppings! 🙂
I can’t tell you which mince meat to use because you can also use chicken, turkey, shrimp and you can also top them off with a host of interesting goodies so as always my recipes are a guideline and the preference is yours. In this recipe however we used lean beef mince because despite the general consensus lean beef has loads of flavor which is what you are looking for in a meat choice not something loaded in grease.
EASY MINCED BEEF TACO RECIPE REQUIREMENTS
- taco shells (found in most food stores)
- beef mince
- guacamole (Perfectly Easy Guacamole Recipe)
- a host of toppings!
Tacos are very customizable so it would depend on what you want to add into yours but here’s an idea of what goes inside a general taco
- meat, seafood, veggies
- salsa (tomato and chili salsa recipe)
- greens – lettuce or rocket
- cheese – one or you can mix a few different ones?
- sour cream
- squeeze of fresh lime
Remember there are definitely a host of other toppings that you can use. If you are one of those people that love fruit then mango, pineapple or even kiwi would be refreshing. For us, we are a strictly no fruit in cooked food family so yes no pineapple on pizza ever ! 🙂
EASY MINCED BEEF TACOS RECIPE
- 400 grams minced/ground lean beef mince
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Italian Dried herbs
- 1 cup cubed peeled tomatoes
- sour cream
- tomato salsa (see recipe in post)
- some greens - rocket, lettuce,
- cheese (white cheddar, mozzarella or both?)
- 12 taco shells
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion for 2 minutes or just until it's glossy before adding your garlic.
- Add the meat and break it up into pieces to make the cooking process easier. Once the meat has all browned add all the spices and mix thoroughly,
- Add the tomato and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until you have a thick saucy meat. If you're using canned tomato add a dash of water to the tin, swirl and pour into the pan before discarding the tin.
- Let the mined beef, tomato, spices, garlic, onions and a dash of water cook on medium heat for another 5 to 8 minutes and then it should be ready.
- Fill each taco with mince and top the off with some cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted to your liking and the tacos are slightly golden brown.
- Add toppings and serve while warm.