This is one of those midweek “need something cooked in no time” kind of meals. My homemade marinated chicken will do just that for you. The marinate is so well flavored and creates this incredibly good sauce you could lick you fingers! No matter how much you love and enjoy cooking there is likely that one off day but have to cook? We all have them and that’s for this recipe because it really is quick!
HOMEMADE MARINATE CHICKEN
Preferably cooking the chicken at room temperature for best results. Planning on making this recipe? Best to take the chicken out the freezer/fridge and let it stand on the kitchen counter to reach room temperature.
Now, pack them into a bag and smack it down, (take your days frustrations) and tenderize the chicken quickly, okay this is how we do it:
EASY STEP BY STEP PASTA & CHICKEN DINNER
- Mix the marinade ingredients and leave in the fridge
- Flatten (pound) the chicken breasts. If you have a meat mallet then great but I don’t have one so this is how I do it and it works like magic. Place the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap or roll it around the chicken and smack it down using the back of a heavy duty spoon or pan. Done.
- Combine the chicken breasts and the marinade (remove from the fridge) into a ziploc bag and return to the fridge for as long as you can. Anything from 15 minutes to overnight.
- While the chicken is marinating, boil the water (or kettle boil) and cook the pasta as per packet instructions (should be roughly 8 or 9 minutes)
- Heat the pan with some oil and start to cook the chicken in a delicious marinade when you are ready and that’s it! see the full recipe below.
- In a small bowl mix the sauce ingredients and pour into the bag and massage the meat
- Drain the pasta but always reserve a cup of water even if you don’t use it. You never know 😉
- Heat the pan and add a drizzle of oil
- Place the chicken in the pan and for about about 4 minutes on each side. Turn once not over and over it only toughens the meat. It will be brown. Very brown from the flavored juices of the marinate don’t worry
- Cook on medium heat but depending on your pan and stove you may need to cook it on high because you don’t want the chicken simmering for 30 days in liquid. This meal should take 10 to 15 minutes.
That’s how quick, easy and delicious this chicken is! The best part of making your own marinade is that you know what goes inside and can adjust the ingredients for you taste.
EASY HOMEMADE MARINATED CHICKEN
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil to cook the chicken
- 1/4 cup low soy sauce
- 2 tbsps crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey (or brown sugar)
- Start by tenderizing the chicken. Flatten the breasts using the back of large spoon, can tomatoes, rolling pin or something similar. Just as long as you flatten them. Place them in a plastic bag or between 2 plastic sheets or see through meat bags.
- Now that we've gotten through that, pour the marinade into a ziploc bag and pour the marindae in. Let the chicken marinate for anything from 20 minutes to overnight.
- Heat a skillet or any non stick pan heat the oil. Place the marinated chicken breasts into the hot pan and cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken while still in the pan in the last minute or so. Remove from the heat, cover with some foil and let it stand to cook finish for 2 minutes. Serve warm and slice into the chicken slightly before serving. SUGGESTION:Keep approximately 2 tablespoons of the marinade to pour over the chicken whilst resting under the foil.
IF YOU HAVE PINTEREST, YOU CAN ALSO FIND ME HERE