Summer Crackers makes you feel like it’s already summer even though we are officially still in Spring. The name makes you look forward to summer and all the light fresh fruit that always comes with the season. When you love cooking (or not) walking into a farmers market is like a little paradise or is that just me? I love visiting fresh fruit and vegetable markets a lot more that walking into a grocery store!
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER CRACKERS
Fruit and veg that is seasonal because it’s always fresh and more affordable. but it doesn’t end there.
Something like crackers is very easy to make so posting a recipe about it perhaps defeats the object? However, here’s to hoping that there is a lot more to a recipe than being challenged or using expensive ingredients. That there is something for everyone to learn, inspire and share so that a variety of meals are enjoyed by as many.
This recipe uses low-carb crackers but ofcourse you preferred crackers can be used or you can use the same toppings just on crostini instead of crackers! Its all in toppings and these crackers are
- low carb
- quick and easy
- perfect for entertaining
Have all you ingredients ready to use before you start, I know I always say that because it makes it SO much easier! If you are not always prepared and more of a “go with the flow” kind of home chef then you are not alone. I too do the exact same thing. It’s not always a bad thing, sometimes the best meals come from that beginning 🙂
Some recipes to inspire these crackers
- Beet Hummus Spread
- Berry Beetroot Hummus and Avocado Toast
- Quick and Easy Chickpea Hummus Recipe
- Easy and Quick Crostini vs Bruschetta Recipe
- Healthy Zucchini Sweet Potato Nourishing Bowl
- My First Take On A Homemade Acai Bowl
- How To Make A Classic Basil Pesto
- Tomato and Basil Pesto Toast
SIMPLE SUMMER CRACKERS HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS
- cottage cheese
- avocado pear
- beetroot hummus
- grilled or fried mushrooms (very little oil)
- thinly sliced radish
- sliced cucumber
- lime and fresh mint
- Spread a layer of cottage cheese and beet hummus on the crackers.
- Top off with the rest of the ingredients. Enjoy! xoxox