Pasta salad has no right or wrong way of preparing, like any salad it’s a vegetable or fruit before you turn into your perfect salad bowl. You work with what you have and make a fantastic bowl of salad and as long as the combination tastes fresh and delicious you have a winning pasta salad!
Besides being simply DELICIOUS this salad is a versatile dish served as a side or mains. The best part is that it tasted even better the next day! Perhaps because the basil pesto had really settled into the farfalle (butterfly pasta). Cucumber is not the kind of thing that you want to eat the next day but let me tell you, in this pasta salad it was perfect! It sapped up all the flavor and stayed nice and crunchy.
WHAT TO SERVE THIS PASTA SALAD WITH
All you have to do is use these recipes below for inspiration or simply substitute 1 or 2 ingredients depending on what you are having. The marinated chicken dish below is served with pasta so instead of spaghetti use this pasta salad. This is also a great way to make up bowl food as well.
- Easy Homemade Marinated Chicken
- Balsamic & Garlic Pork Roast
- Jamie Oliver’s Aubergine Parmigiana Recipe
- Homemade Saucy Chicken – Quick & Easy
- The Perfect Skillet Steak and Veg
- An Easy Step by Step Gammon Roast With a Red Wine Glaze
OTHER INGREDIENTS TO USE WITH YOUR FARFALLE
- fresh cream
- veggies (mushrooms, spinach, kale, broccoli etc)
- saucy tomato
TRIED THIS RECIPE?
PLEASE LET ME KNOW BY TAGGING ME ON INSTAGRAM #ANOSMICKITCHEN
- 2 cups farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cucumber (cubed)
- handful of cherry tomatoes (halved)
- a couple of radish (about 3 little ones)
- 1 yellow pepper (1/2 if they too big)
- 1 red pepper (1/2 if too big)
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red cabbage finely diced
- 2 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 fresh lime
- raw mixed nuts & seeds for sprinkling (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- tiny sprinkle of chili powder or chili flakes (also optional)
- Cover the pasta in water and cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente "to the tooth" so not soft because you want a bit of crunch in the pasta. When you can bite into it without it feeling raw against your tooth then its ready.
- Meanwhile prepare you veggies by chopping, slicing and dicing everything into bite sized pieces.
- Get a large bowl out to mix the pasta and basil. Drain the pasta and toss into the bowl. Add the pesto and the olive oil and mix it up until all the butterfly farfalle pasta is covered in the basil and olive oil.
- Now toss that into your actual salad bowl (then it's not messy) Now start adding in all the veggies and gently wrap everything together.
- Sprinkle salt & freshly cracked pepper to taste, chili if you're using any, a drop or olive oil if you need.Squeeze some fresh lime juice over and sprinkle raw nuts & seeds. Enjoy xoxo Stays very well in the fridge for a day if it lasts!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE TO ONE OF YOUR PINTEREST BOARDS FOR LATER