EASY HEALTHY FOOD PLATE and A DOZEN TIPS ON A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE!
Is trying to create a healthy lifestyle the right thing to do? YES! Is it easy? Not for everyone and sometimes not even for those who do it diligently. The reason everyone is trying to be healthy is because we know better therefore we want to do better. That’s it.
In this post I share some tips on how I try to be proactive in my healthy lifestyle journey. Not everyone has got this whole healthier eating routine under wraps and if you do then this post is not for you. It is for someone who needs a little guidance and if just one of these tips helps you then it was worth sharing. If you have been following me on Instagram and watching my stories you know that my food has changed significantly to healthier options. That’s not because I am running a marathon (far from it) but I am trying to be healthier every day. Choices on what to put into my body because it’s a choice and I have it.
I won’t get into how difficult a weight loss journey is because most people have been there done that and got the t-shirt! The irony of it all is that even though we have, the challenge is still there which means there has be another reason for it right? No matter what your reason is, or mine, every little thing that we can do towards just being a better version of yesterday, we are on track, no matter how fast or slow.
There are all sorts of experiences that the majority of people have had with poor eating habits and it starts from obesity to various illnesses irrespective of age, country, culture etc. More and more people are realizing that the perception of ‘eating healthy costs more money’ is simply not true especially if you’re prioritizing your food choices and purchases.
HEALTHIER BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
The best part about making these choices about what you put into your body is that you can start at any time, place or age without any explanation to anyone, after all you are doing for it for you.
It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle, it’s not a scale weight, its about good health and a strong body and mind. Its about spoiling yourself in ways that you didn’t think were possible. If ever there was a time to spoil, love and invest in yourself it is when you are trying to be healthy.
My experience is that it is easier to maintain balance when you take what you want to do and let it flow into your life and not the other way around. Because life will challenge and knock you off your path, but at least your foundation will be one of a journey not an expectation and a timeline. After all, this is your life so enjoy the process❤︎
TIPS ON A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE
- baby steps, moment by moment
- if you can’t get everything at one time get one thing each time
- prioritize a healthier purchase over an unhealthy one
- if you cant afford the gym you can walk for free if you feel unsafe walking do floor exercise at home, also free
- don’t be afraid to park far from the entrance of a shop, the walk will do you good and the more you park far away the further you will park the next time. Also you don’t want to be one of those people waiting to squeeze into a tight parking because everyone wants to be at the door!
- use books as dumbbells to practice weights at home
- kitchen appliances never need to cost the earth when you are buying them. Until then there are countless options, methods and remedies to be creative in the kitchen without the fancy equipment.
- when you are ready to make your first purchase, start small, start cheap, use that time as a ‘testing’ period more like you are doing a review on the product? But your own review with your own money so start cheap. Trust me when I tell you that there is always enough time to buy better, just think about how many new ones they would’ve created and you will be just on time!
- Simply cut out processed foods. No discussion there, if you educate yourself as to why processed food is not good for you and you understand what it actually does to the body, trust me, you wont need any convincing.
- and least but never last: LEARN to drink WATER AND TEA!!!
- one more, sorry I couldn’t resist! SLEEP – get off Instagram and go to sleep, for real.
- I promise just one more :)!!! Be GOOD to you. Spoil yourself. Quieten your lifestyle. Listen to yourself and trust no one as much as you trust yourself. Get naked with yourself, the truth about yourself and then the real truth. Invest in yourself first and foremost. That means, don’t entertain ideas, people, talking, movies, anything that does nothing for your self esteem, kick them out.
MAKE A HEALTHY PLATE/BOWL – One Step At A Time
HEALTHY FOOD PLATE
What is not on this plate that I can enjoy on any day of the week?! This healthy food plate like so many others is very easy to build. You really have to get all your veggies in, protein and carbohydrates to make it a balanced healthy meal. Most of the time we have all the ingredients right in-front of us because a bowl or a plate of healthiness is all about fresh wholesome goodness. It never has to cost much and as long as it is fresh, comes from the fruit and vegetable store you can use those ingredients in most recipes not just bowl food.
Why you should make healthy food plate recipes:
- quick to prepare
- promotes good healthy eating habits
- provides all the food sources in one plate at one time
- taste fresh, crisp and delicious
MORE BOWL OR PLATE INSPIRATION
- Scrumptious Nutritious Vegan Buddha Bowl
- Healthy Zucchini Sweet Potato Nourishing Bowl
- Pasta Pesto Rainbow Buddha Bowl
- My First Take On A Homemade Acai Bowl
- Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- Pasta Salad – A Simple Farfalle Butterfly Salad
- SWEET POTATO BEET PASTA RECIPE (VEGAN)
Easy Healthy Food Plate
- some type of pasta/noodles for 1 or 2 people (guideline: pasta is 100 grams per person)
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella
- baked tofu
- beans & sprouts
- fresh lemon
- sesame seeds
- your favorite dip
- Cook the pasta or noodles according to the packet instructions. Generally noodles cook a lot faster than pasta and some noodles don't even need cooking, you can let them sit in hot water for a few minutes.
- Steam the broccoli. Stove top or microwave is your choice but don't over steam, you want to retain the fresh crisp texture and green color.
- Red or black beans both work well. Soak the beans overnight if cooking them or buy a good quality beans.
- Arrange all the ingredients on a large enough plate with the prepared tofu and finish with fresh herbs, a squeeze of fresh lemon, salt & pepper, a drizzle of olive oil, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, edible flowers etc. Enjoy xoxo