Avocado pasta recipe like most pasta dishes, is always delicious. The avocado adds loads of creaminess and the additional ingredients are not restricted so you can add your favorite herbs, spices and veggies.
This is one of those "I've been tired since last week moments" recipes. You know when you have a minute to stop and quieten the mind? Yes, me too, and then in that quiet moment you realize just how exhausted you really are, then this recipe is your all time life savor. The longest time in this is the pasta cooking and in that time you can cream up the avocado.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN INGREDIENTS IN THIS RECIPE
- fresh lemon (or bottled if you don't have fresh)
- olive oil
- fresh garlic
- milk (any)
- sun-dried tomatoes
- a green leafy veg like spinach or fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY AVOCADO
MORE SIMPLE AVOCADO RECIPES
- Pasta and Avocado Recipe
- Berry Beetroot Hummus and Avocado Toast
- Hummus and Avocado Recipes
- Spinach and Avocado Pancakes
- Shredded Chicken Avocado Salad
- 3 Ingredient Avocado Breakfast Pudding Recipe
AVOCADO PASTA RECIPE - A CREAMY & DELICIOUS MEAL FOR ANY DAY OF THE WEEK
If you try this AVOCADO PASTA RECIPE please leave a comment below letting me know how it goes. Also, if you take any pictures of your creation and share it on Instagram, do make sure to tag me @anosmickitchen and use the hashtag #anosmickitchen so that I don’t miss your post. Enjoy!
Avocado Recipe - Quick and Delicious
- 150 grams pasta
- 2 large avocados peel and remove the core
- 1 cup baby spinach cleaned and cut
- fresh basil cleaned and cut
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Greek yogurt and coconut milk half half Yogurt is completely optional but not the milk/cream if you want it smooth & creamy
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 small fresh garlic finely chopped
- Parmigiano Parmesan cheese
- ½ freshly squeezed lime/lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Bring the pasta water up to the boil and cook the pasta al dente. Don't forget to salt the water.
- Meanwhile heat a pan/skillet and the cherry tomatoes to gently cook. Press down slightly with a masher to release the burst of the tomatoes. Another pan on the side cook the bacon.
- While that's happening, get the avocado, garlic, salt, pepper, oil, lemon juice, yogurt (if using) and coconut milk into a food processor and blend until creamy. Add the spinach and any extra milk/cream while the motto of the processor is running until you get a nice creamy consistency.
- Using a microwave dish, steam the frozen peas till al dente 'to the tooth' not hard not over cooked and toss into the bacon when the bacon is just about done. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes and set aside.
- Pour the creamy avocado sauce into the pasta, plate it in a large enough bowl so that the pasta is not crowded. Combine with bacon & peas, sun-dried tomatoes, any additional seasoning and the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes. Serve with cherry tomatoes, basil, grated cheese, squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil.
KEEP IN TOUCH
Get new recipes straight into your inbox
Click here or on the image below and then check your email for a welcome letter from me!
- recipe tips & tricks
- never miss a recipe
- your 2 free recipe e-books