These beetroot pancakes are the best and will be eaten in just one setting! Made with roasted beetroot puree and almond flour and served with a dollop of coconut yogurt and a drizzle of your favorite sweetener and or fresh fruit, they definitely delivered!
With all the love on Istagram after posting these on Sunday I was very excited to post this recipe. These pancakes are not vegan because I use egg in mine since we are not vegan but still love our veggies!
Roasted beetroot, cut into cubes and blend in a high powered blender. If I cook them in the microwave which works wonders when you in a hurry and depending on what you're using them for as well because the flavor will obviously be less if not roasted, just add the water from cooking them to help the blending process. You will only need about 1 tablespoon or 2 of the beet liquid.
How do I roast the beetroot? - Roasted vegetables are wonderful and easy to make. Watch the video here.
It's a very simple method of using roasted beetroot? Firstly I am in love with beetroot as you can see how colorful I made my husbands birthday cake.
If you're wondering what the jam is on top of the pancakes let me tell you that it's a very easy and delicious compote and that recipe you can see here.
- Beet Patties w/Sweet Potato & Oat Flour
- Beetroot and Lentils – Patties
- Homemade Beet Veggie Pizza
- Beetroot Hummus
- Sweet Potato Beet Pasta
MORE SIMPLE & DELICIOUS RECIPES:
- Almond Flour Blueberry Pancakes
- Melt In The Mouth Fluffy Blueberry Ladle Pancakes
- How To Poach An Egg
- Tomato and Basil Pesto Toast
- OTT (Over The Top Pancakes)
- Kale Hummus, Creamy and Delicious
If you make these Beetroot and Almond Flour Pancakes please share a photo with me because I would love to see! I also keep them on my highlights on my Instagram account and of-course tag #anosmickitchen and @anosmickitchen and say hello!
Beetroot Almond Flour Pancakes
- 2 tbsps beetroot puree roasted/cooked beetroot
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl starting with the almond flour, salt and baking powder (dry ingredients)
- Use a whisk to quickly mix.
- Pour in the milk, beaten egg and vanilla, whisk until all well combined. Less than a minute.
- Add in the beetroot puree and combine.
- Heat a non stick well oiled or well oil brushed pan. Once heated, drop the heat to low, low to medium.
- Drop a spoonful of the batter onto the pan and once you see bubbles appear gently slide your egg lifter to turn. If the you slide the egg lifter in a little and it sticks or feels slightly wet, its not ready, give it a few more seconds then turn over.
- Serve with a yogurt, berry compote and your favorite sweetener.