I've found a new way to eat eggs in the morning! Yes I've professed my love for scrambled eggs but I've also professed my love for chickpea hummus so I am beyond excited to be sharing this creation with you!
What creation? My Scrambled Eggs and Chickpea Hummus! Take note friends. All you need is a slice of homemade bread for dunking 🙂
This quick and easy scrambled eggs and chickpea hummus is served with toast, a drizzle of olive oil, some spring onion or parsley for garnish and your favorite Smell and Taste seasoning for a delicious sprinkle.
I've been loving my new creation so if you love chickpeas and eggs you must give it a try, I mean it's essentially chickpeas on chickpeas! It's the easiest quickest breakfast or brunch and there's enough protein in this one plate to get you right through the day.
How do you beat eggs for breakfast? You don't, because they just say breakfast whether boiled, fried, scrambled or poached they remain a favorite breakfast in our home.
Eggs and Hummus
In order to make the recipe exactly as the recipe card below, you need to have hummus. Homemade or store bought is fine however I do have a very easy creamy hummus recipe right here. Its always wonderful making your own for a number of reasons;
- you know what goes into your hummus
- you get to control the quantities
- it's more affordable because it will last longer since there's a lot more than a small jar
- I always say about my chicken ' - those pan juices that just don't stop giving' - the same with hummus, the gift that doesn't stop giving! So definitely, if you haven't already, make you own hummus to see the difference.
- How To Make Perfect Scrambled Eggs
- Easy, Creamy Frittata Recipe
- Melt In The Mouth Fluffy Blueberry Ladle Pancakes
- How To Poach An Egg
- Breakfast Charcuterie Board
- One Pan Breakfast Bake
I must admit that I've been really loving, visiting, trying and sharing a little Middle Eastern flavors lately.
- Slow Roast Leg of Lamb (bone-in)
- Warm Beef Wraps with Labneh
- Flavorful Shakshuka Recipe
- Baba Ganoush Recipe
- Easy Hummus Recipe
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES?
Shop our online store for quality all natural spices.
Widget not in any sidebars
Scrambled Eggs and Hummus Breakfast
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 6 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tbsps fat - oil or butter
- flavor spice to taste pinch
- 2 to 3 tbsps. hummus
- spring onion for garnish
- Use the back of a spoon to spread a dollop of hummus onto a clean plate ready for serving. Chop the spring onion and set aside.
- Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas. Use a clean kitchen cloth to dry them quickly. You need dry them or they will splatter oil everywhere when adding them to hot oil! See notes below on drying and peeling. Heat a non stick pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil, medium heat and add the chickpeas with a pinch of calabrese chili. Sauté until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside. You can do the whole can and save the rest for a snack or salad.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and use a fork to whisk until combined.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and add the oil/butter till melted and hot.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and a pinch of calabrese spice for heat.
- Pour the beaten/whisked eggs into the pan, swirl or tilt the pan gently making sure the eggs are covering the surface of the pan. Don't touch and fiddle please! Wait for the eggs to start cooking gently and make sure the heat is low if its cooking to fast. You want a gentle heat. Using a spatula gently start at one end of the pan and slide toward the center of the pan. Do the same on the opposite side. Tilt the pan slowly to get the uncooked egg into the parts you've just moved the eggs off. Do this until the eggs look fairly cooked to you. Turn the heat off and if there's any parts that are not yet cooked, fold them over..
- Add ½ the chickpeas into the egg as you serve it up over the hummus. Finish with the remaining chickpeas if you wish and garnish: spring onion, seasoning, a drizzle of olive oil.