At my Anosmic Kitchen we go from Pork Roasts, Pasta, Baked Bread, Quinoa but we never ever forget our salad! How can we, my family absolutely love salads and quite frankly I don't post as many as we eat. My daughter was one of those children who would cry if you ever put sandwiches in her lunch box from the time she started school.
You can imagine my surprise because I love bread! My confusion didn't last long, that was pattern and she set it from the beginning. It was a lunch box made up of celery sticks, baby carrots and olives and I would try and sneak in a block of cheese or grapes or something. Nevertheless that who she still is as a young adult, some habits never leave and it's okay 🙂
CRUNCHY KALE SALAD
Simple crunchy kale salad loaded with fresh greens, toasted seeds, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes and tossed in fresh lemon and olive oil.
After the random snacks and baking during the early stages of lock-down and the fact that we are still in comfort food mode here because we are in the middle of winter, this kale salad is a much needed bowl of inspiration.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A KALE SALAD?
- Crunchy Crispy Roast Potatoes With Bacon and Peas
- Porchetta Italian Stuffed and Roasted Pork Belly
- Brinjal Meat Loaf
- Balsamic & Garlic Pork Roast
- Roast Chicken and Vegetable Roast, Juicy Tender and Delicious
- Chicken Breast Recipe in an Asian Inspired Sauce
MORE SALAD RECIPES
- Kale Salad With Quinoa, Beans & Celery Stalks and Leaves
- Crispy Fried Tofu, Kale and Black Rice Salad with A Creamy Yogurt Dressing
- Forbidden Black Rice And Couscous Salad With Pomegranate
- Pasta Salad – A Simple Farfalle Butterfly Salad
- Tofu Fruit and Vegetable Salad
Crunchy Kale Salad, Chickpeas, Fresh Lemon and 10 Minutes!
- 1 bunch kale
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ red onion
- sun-dried tomatoes
- ¾ cup chickpeas
- ½ cup baby spinach chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 1 fresh lemon
- cheese any
- seeds toasted sunflower and pumpkin
- Rinse the kale, cherry tomatoes and spinach, Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Chop/slice the spinach, red onion, shallots, sun-dried tomatoes and half some of the olives.
- Add all the ingredients into a large enough bowl, drizzle with olive oil, a sprinkle of salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Dress with toasted seeds and your favorite cheese.